ID PLATES lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i want to replace the stock yellow ID plate light with the white/blue light(Light that resembles HiDS)....is it a special LED bulbs that i can use?
THANKS

Last edited:
Just figure out your bulb number and punch it plus LED into amazon. Wedge bases are 194/168, for example. If amazon doesn't ship to the caribbean try ebay; in the US a lot of this junk is drop shipped from china anyway.

I got a ten pack of 194s for $3.99, they're cheaper than incandescent!

Just find the bulb size and go buy a pair off ebay or amazon. Mine blew after 2 years, but again they were only $1 each.

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
Hi i want to replace the stock yellow ID plate light with the white/blue light(Light that resembles HiDS)....is it a special LED bulbs that i can use?
THANKS
That blue white may be "kuel" but better LEDS come closer to pure white. Superbright LEDs.com will show you the color of their offerings and you can usually pick from white, "warm" white, and the ricer "blue white" light. Inexpensive LEDs in white are usually a BLUE LED with a coating which emits a white light when hit with the blue. It always says "cheap bulb" to me. There's nothing worse that a fast blinky blue white turn signal. BTW check to see if your car uses a "CAN buss" for lighting control. The bulbs need to be set up for it. Post 2000 cars usually have it.

Leds on exterior bulbs are a no no. Use the proper DOT approved bulbs and you'll have less issues. Even if you get a high quality led bulb which is extremely hard to find you still might not meet the requirements for license plate visibility, although laws vary by country as well as enforcement.

If you are looking for high quality products you can buy them here, but I only recommend them for interior bulbs.

http://www.jmgoods.co.uk/acatalog/Festoon_Bulbs.html

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Leds on exterior bulbs are a no no. Use the proper DOT approved bulbs and you'll have less issues. Even if you get a high quality led bulb which is extremely hard to find you still might not meet the requirements for license plate visibility, although laws vary by country as well as enforcement.

If you are looking for high quality products you can buy them here, but I only recommend them for interior bulbs.

Your first sentence is incorrect. There are many OEM exterior LEDs.

Originally Posted By: ffhdriver
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Your first sentence is incorrect. There are many OEM exterior LEDs.
Trucks in interstate commerce, which have to meet Federal standards, use many exterior application LEDs. There are good size fines for such vehicles having lights out and the LEDs last much longer. I've seen vehicles where it's obvious that as filament bulbs burn out they are replaced with LEDS. Use a good source such as SuperbrightLEDs.com and pay attention to their ratings for brightness and coverage angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back