2001 Avalon - climate control (recirculate/fresh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjk

Morning,

I picked up an Avalon this summer, without an owner's manual.

First car I've had with auto climate control - is it possible to override the system, so at start up, it reverts to fresh air instead of recirc?

Thanks.

Just turn off the recirc button. My Accord actually will use fresh air unless it is extremely humid, then it uses recirc. It even says in the manual that using fresh air is better and more efficient.

My 02 Camry will default to recirculate mode at startup when interior temp.is very warm and them moves to fresh air when interior temp lowers. I don't know what the exact peramaters are.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Just turn off the recirc button. My Accord actually will use fresh air unless it is extremely humid, then it uses recirc. It even says in the manual that using fresh air is better and more efficient.

Yes, re-read my post. You can obviously turn the recirc button to fresh air...

Not only did you fail to read, you are agreeing with my desire to have fresh air.
21.gif
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Since you do have an internet connection, why not search for, then download, the owners manual? It might come in handy!

Yes, and after reading it, I didn't see anything to answer my question. I thought, perhaps, someone knew of a 'trick'. Perhaps, it can't be done.

if it wasnt for OCD, we would not have a forum. use those arm muscles OP until some hero comes out of the woodwork to solve this important, critical mystery.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
if it wasnt for OCD, we would not have a forum. use those arm muscles OP until some hero comes out of the woodwork to solve this important, critical mystery.

Thanks for the pithy response. Never said it was critical, just was looking to see if there was a work-around.

Glad you can hide behind the internet, and act like a dbag. You offer SO much, on a daily basis, to this site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjk
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey

Thanks for the pithy response. Never said it was critical, just was looking to see if there was a work-around.

Glad you can hide behind the internet, and act like a dbag. You offer SO much, on a daily basis, to this site.

pot-kettle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back