What do you pay, unmount + mount + balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

What do you pay, unmount + mount + balance...

I have set of rims that I need tires removed and new put on and balanced... Wondering what is reasonable price.

17" size

Anywhere from $10-$30 depending on who you go to. I've found that discount tire offers some of the best and most reliable service around Dr $20/tire.

A local corner tire shop charges $10 per tire to mount and balance.

Discount Tire is $16 each plus taxes and disposal fees so about $20 a tire.

Local shop charges me $50 out the door to mount and balance 4 tires.

The Mexican tire shops are $5 mount and $5 balance. The rest of the tire stores are $10-$15 mount and $10-$15 to balance except for Firestone. They get $80 to mount and balance!

Firestone Complete Auto Care charged me around $80-$90 to mount and balance four tires (purchased online) and rebuild the TPMS sensors. $20 of that is TPMS charges.

That includes lifetime rotate and balance. Firestone also has good quality equipment, so it's a better bargain to me than the super-cheap shops that have old equipment and likely won't offer lifetime rotate and balance.

The rotate and balance is also good at any FCAC.

But now we have DT in my area, so that's my go-to place. They'll match most prices, so I probably won't be buying tires online for a while.

Local private owned tire shop up the street does a mount and spin balance for $10.00 each no tax. Full rotation without balance is $15, and full rotation with spin balance is $25. My local Walmart does a mount and balance for $12 or $13 each.

Last edited:
Free, and a free upper body workout along with!

HF pile o' sticks mounter, and some ancient spin balancer that I have to crank myself as it has no motor built-in. Runs off a wall-wart.

Goes well with DTDs Labor day sales.
laugh.gif

How much tread on the new tires? I used Tirerack's installer web page. I called a few shops about their price and got completely different prices, then I mentioned the tire rack price and they said ok if I got them from tire rack. Finally called up one place and they agreed to do it for the tire rack price and just went there to get them done. I think it was about $16 a tire.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The Mexican tire shops are $5 mount and $5 balance. The rest of the tire stores are $10-$15 mount and $10-$15 to balance except for Firestone. They get $80 to mount and balance!

Same here with the Mexican shops.. paid $10 to have 2 tires balanced last week. Couple weeks before paid $10 to have a tire mounted and balanced. They do a far better job than the big stores.

If it's a nice wheel (basically the "summer" alloys on the focus) I'll have walmart swap the tires - mount and balance. Usually comes to $15 a tire.

If it's anything else, I just do the dismount / mount myself then bring it to walmart to have them balance it for $9 a piece.

I just bought a new set of snow tires. Dismounted the old set myself to sell, and mounted up the new set. Will be bringing to walmart some day after work this week to have balanced.

Some people do not like Walmart tire shops. The one in Cicero NY actually does a decent job. They haven't damaged any of my wheels or TPMS sensors and they clean the bead before mounting the tire.

Here we pay 16 bucks per wheel. Any size, any tire, even TPMS seals.

Also includes lifetime rotation and balancing if you buy the tires there...

The local installer that I use charges a flat $39.95 for a mount and balance of 4 tires that I carry in. That includes RF balancing, too. And they're open Saturdays from 0800 to 1700.

Surprise! It's an Audi dealership. Not all dealers are bad. Actually, all of the dealers under the common ownership offer the same price. They are all over NE WI and Madison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back