Premium Conventional vs. Dealer Bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are exactly right Donny. The Valvoline full synthetic oil change at the Goodyear place right near me is over $70. I can buy Valvoline Synpower for $26 at Wally world and a Fram Ultra for $9. But lots of people near me have a fair amount of $$$ so they can easily afford it
smile.gif

I had a bad experience using a Valvoline Quick Lube shop. I had them use the conventional oil change back in November or so with them. My engine was immediately noisier, and made awkward clicking noises. It also seemed to have affected how it worked, it jerked once in a while. Pricing however was very fair. I think it was $30 including topping off fluids. Their full synthetic was about $50 for up to 5 QT it was on sale.

Went to Walmart the next OC they used Castrol GTX. Ran smoothly and was more quiet.

Originally Posted By: hydrogen3
I wouldn't touch good year with a 10 foot pole.

Why don't you just leave us a list of the products of which you disapprove, have one of the admins leave it as a sticky, and leave us alone afterwards? It would avoid a lot of unhelpful posts.

Don't know. . but $70 is expensive to me when I can buy Valvoline Synpower and a Fram Ultra for less than $35.

I use my dealer for service/OC. No one in Service or parts department knew what oil they purchase in bulk. This made no sense. I'll be taking my own oil from now on.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Don't know. . but $70 is expensive to me when I can buy Valvoline Synpower and a Fram Ultra for less than $35.

If you are a DIY'er, then yeah $70 can be expensive. Some people value their time and paying the extra $35 for someone else to do it is money well spent to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back