Good dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight our 8 month old black lab/boxer mix was pulling hard against her 50-foot dog run cable and snapped it. Instead of bolting, she immediately ran back to the house and scratched to be let in. I'm not sure who was more scared, me or the dog! Someone has a "get out of jail free" card tonight and is getting lots of treats!

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Tonight our 8 month old black lab/boxer mix was pulling hard against her 50-foot dog run cable and snapped it. Instead of bolting, she immediately ran back to the house and scratched to be let in. I'm not sure who was more scared, me or the dog! Someone has a "get out of jail free" card tonight and is getting lots of treats!

I think you need to build a fenced in enclosure. Good to see she didn't end up running at large.

Your dog shouldn't be pulling at 8 months old, sounds like insecurity.

Last edited:
Use a 10,000 lb breaking strength tow strap. It'll never snap again.
cool.gif

Menard's has decent ones on sale in the winter months.. around $4 AMIR.

Speaking of dogs breaking loose, my neigbor has a little and very harmless 10 pound mix that chews through every leash, rope, and even stranded steel cable. It's ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
Your dog shouldn't be pulling at 8 months old, sounds like insecurity.

Or being left outside too long.

Good dog, for coming in right away.

Good dog! I have a 10 - 11 ish year old chocolate lab, I love her to death. I adopted her at the age of 7 or 8 and she was well behaved when I got her. She was quite obese when I brought her home, but lost about 20 pounds (that's a lot for a dog) with diet and exercise. She is a good dog as well, I can leave the gates wide open and she will stay in the yard w/o issue. There have been times when she decided to trot down the street when no one was watching, but she always seems to go to my cousins house to say hi to their black lab
wink.gif
Not sure where I was going with this...other than Labs are good dogs!

8 months at that age dogs need comforting, companionship and and know they are being cared for

The only way to get my Siberian husky to stop pulling his harness off over his shoulders was to make it so tight that he had difficult breathing. I switched to a choke collar which stopped him for the most part, but every once in a while he figured out how to get that off also.

Fences are good, but unless you cement the bottom, a determined hound will dig his way out.

The dog saw another dog she plays with and wanted to play. She pulls when she's outside on the tie-out. The only times she pulls on her leash are when she spots squirrels. Even then it's not every single squirrel. The tie-out cable was there for a long time before we bought this house, and was in worse shape than we thought. Glad it lasted this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back