You might be a BITOGer if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You likely are a bitoger if you've ever given lubricant advice in the auto parts store, to correct the idiot behind the counter ...

If you know every brand and viscosity of oil in your stash off the top of your head but can't remember your wedding anniversary date...you might be a BITOGer.

John

It's a sickness for which there is no cure...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: John_K
If you know every brand and viscosity of oil in your stash off the top of your head but can't remember your wedding anniversary date...you might be a BITOGer.

John

I'd admit to that only I can't remember what all is in the stash either.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
You might be a BITOGer, if you know all about Pablo's rock and jackshaft.

I wasn't sure about my bitog-ness until I read that. I'm afraid I fit the mold.

Originally Posted By: tom slick

The real test of BITOG-worthiness is whether or not you can talk to outsiders about Pablo's rock and jackshaft without batting an eye, without blushing, and without retching.

You might be a BITOGer if you have ever read AEHass's entire collection of work on your Blackberry while eating lunch at the parking lot next to your work while you are on lunch break.

Originally Posted By: tom slick

The real test of BITOG-worthiness is whether or not you can talk to outsiders about Pablo's rock and jackshaft without batting an eye, without blushing, and without retching.

I still get email about the rock!! (requesting repost - I won't) I guess those folks are BITOG wanna bee's.

You might be a BITOGer if you ask a girl if she feels her new oil choice in her butt dyno.

If you can confuse (and subsequently silence) a Pennzoil sales rep with questions about the base-oil composition of their own oils;

If you notice oil-change stickers on others windsheilds, look at the odometer, and see if they are overdue for an oil change;

If you have motor oil in your bedroom in any amount;

If you only own one vehicle, and you actually consider the economics of purchasing an entire case of oil;

If you work at a quick-lube place, and the minute someone starts askinga detailed question about oil choices to a co-worker, they start backing away, pointing at you, going "ask him, ask him, he's the oil expert here";

....you might be a BITOG'ER!

:D

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
8: You dare to question that K&N makes the best air filters available.

crackmeup2.gif

Some great stuff in this old thread.

Great stuff!

I am guilty of almost everything noted above.

At break a couple of my co-workers and I often go out for a short walk to get some fresh air. There's a new Walmart nearby, and one time I dragged the guys in to look at motor oil. (They're both M1 users as well, and were willing participants. I think oil-obsession is almost a prerequisite for working in an engineering office.)

You make oil-related posts on Facebook or Twitter.

You used BITOG abbreviations in real life.

Your family and friends make fun of you and call you "crazy oil change freak". Ask you if you get a boner while changing oil.

1. When you go to Walmart, you start at a the back of the store, where the oil is. You spend a half an hour there, and complete the rest of your shopping in less than 10 minutes.

2. You go to an auto parts store to buy an oil and filter, and find nothing up to your standards.

3. Your fuels are green or blue from the addition of TCW3.

4. Your oils are dyed to make them easier to see on the dipstick.

5. You approach the additives shelf and audibly check off what works, and what's baloney.

6. That battery is only going in your car if you know who made it for the brand.

7. You chuckle and suggest MobilOne for a person suffering from iron deficiency.

8. You demand to see the MSDS breakdown for intimate lubricants.

9. Your significant other suspects you're cheating on them. You take 20 minutes to get a quart of milk because you refuse to short-trip.

10. Drain plugs where they didn't exist before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back