Lubro Moly Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Too late. My cousin poured both bottles into the engine. I tell you what, it sure doesn't make any unusual noises upon start up and while running.
The oil pressure at start up was 56 psi cold. Now, when cold, the oil pressure is 65 psi upon start up. Opinions?
confused2.gif

Hopefully when it gets very cold there are no issues.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Too late. My cousin poured both bottles into the engine. I tell you what, it sure doesn't make any unusual noises upon start up and while running.
The oil pressure at start up was 56 psi cold. Now, when cold, the oil pressure is 65 psi upon start up. Opinions?
confused2.gif

Hopefully when it gets very cold there are no issues.

I doubt there will be issues. If any leaks they'll stop in short order

confused2.gif

I am not surprised, since that stuff is SO durned viscous.

BTW; I believe the can says it treats up to 4 liters of oil.

I doubt that the two full cans will harm anything, especially if NOT also using a HM type oil.

Originally Posted By: hatt
I don't think factory A/C was offered until 67. An early Mustang with 190K has had to have had 1/2 the parts replaced. My family had three of them with nowhere near those miles. You don't see many old Mustangs running around anymore.

Hatt, a doctor in Baton Rouge, La. bought it new in 1964. The a/c was dealer installed upon delivery of the Mustang in 1964. The build date is March 30th, 1964. The doctor also had the generator upgraded to an alternator by the dealer in 1964 or 1965. The car was in storage for 22 years, covered with a cotton car cover, a canvas tarp, and another cotton tarp over the canvas tarp. When he died in 1989, his only son put it in storage.
In 2011 my cousin bought it from him for $12,500. It was still in very good condition! He has had it covered and in his conditioned storage shed for the last 9-10 months. He used to take it out every now and then to drive it. Since working on it here lately he is going to drive it for a while then restore it.

I had the exact same car but a coupe in the 1990s. The engine was anemic, would barely spin the tires, but ok for simple cruises.

Has the engine been fitted with hardened valve seats? is he adding lead to the fuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back