1966 Ford Galaxie 500 428ci Conv For Sale Near Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I want this car..... Just several doors down.

1966 Galaxie 500, 2 door, NICE original Red paint & it's a Black-top Convertible (new top)!

428ci Engine is rebuilt & sounds great, Automatic
frown.gif
, NO rust. Just some paint chips.
Everything works but the clock.

He wants $15,000 for it. Only selling as he had heart & knee problems and needs to pay for the bills.

Is $15k a good price?? Thoughts?

Originally Posted By: JC1
Where are the pics?

I didn't take any.

Have you done a search to see if there are other similar cars for sale in your state and what the price ranges are?

I checked Autotrader.ca for Canadian listings and the rough Galaxies are around 5K while the nicer ones are 15K to 50K for a fully restored model.

Last edited:
numbers matching?

If you are buying it to flip, there is little to no money to be made.

If you are buying it to keep and enjoy then if its in the budget and you can justify the fun/thrill/enjoyment of your hard earned money then go from there.

Do a thorough investigation of numbers matching, body repairs and damage, filler/bondo..frame and pan condition etc.

Not a super highly desired car..so the cool factor is what you feel in the seat for the most part.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
numbers matching?

If you are buying it to flip, there is little to no money to be made.

If you are buying it to keep and enjoy then if its in the budget and you can justify the fun/thrill/enjoyment of your hard earned money then go from there.

Do a thorough investigation of numbers matching, body repairs and damage, filler/bondo..frame and pan condition etc.

Not a super highly desired car..so the cool factor is what you feel in the seat for the most part.

Everything is original but the engine. It originally came with a 428 as well.

That's the thing; it's not super desirable. Darn nice though!

Originally Posted By: Turk

That's the thing; it's not super desirable. Darn nice though!

You just answered your own question. Rent it for the weekend...

I would check to see what like cars are going for, if they are going for. You know this car so it makes it more valuable to you. Doesn't sound like your buying the car to flip, so the value really depends on how valuable to you. People pay too much all the time and are perfectly happy with their purchase. I can assure you buying one already redone is much cheaper than doing it from scratch yourself.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I would check to see what like cars are going for, if they are going for. You know this car so it makes it more valuable to you.

I know the "old car scene" well around here, lol. I have not seen any like it at all.

Some of my best memories of my father were spent in a red 67 convertible with a black top. It had the 390 in it. We had some good times cruising that car with the top down! If you happen to buy it, pls post up some pictures.

Tbe 428 is somewhat of a rare option in the Galaxie. There were 2,368 produced. I'd imagine theres only a fraction of them left 50 years later. The 428 option can be identified by a Q in the 5th digit of the VIN. They are easily modified as they were very under cammed and carb'd from the factory. Some 428 Cobrajet parts will really wake it up!

No "numbers matching"...the engine did not have the VIN on it in 1966.

It's not a factory A/C car, is it?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
No "numbers matching"...the engine did not have the VIN on it in 1966.

It's not a factory A/C car, is it?

No AC. My '62 Impala SS had factory AC that still worked 6 years ago.
crazy2.gif

Around these parts if that Galaxy is as described...it is indeed a good deal.

The engine, 2 door, the muscle era, and the fact that it's a convertible....easily can be priced in that range or higher.

I'm an old 'old car guy', but not up on the Fords. From your description, I'd say it's worth the $ and the value will not drop and likely go up if you do your part-good luck.

Dad had a '67 years ago, had the 390, was a pretty good runner (only a 2 bbl. carb), they're hard to find nice around here, seemed rust prone. A solid nice one would be worth 15K, IMO.

Well, note his '62 SS ownership=probably knows a bit about 'old cars'. I have a '66 Riviera with original paint=not that common, but not so rare either. The 428 engine brings even more to the deal. I hope it works out as I might guess your neighbor would like you to be the next owner.

it there is no to little rust and you are looking for the car for yourself, then its a good price. as mentioned earlier, if you are trying to flip it, you wont make a lot. finding the true value is challenging - my 1970 Cougar books at around $18k the way it is; (NADA, Hagerty) but I could probably never find a buyer at that price. although a co-worker paid 18k for a 65 "very average" mustang that needed another 10k in work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back