2015_Tacoma Front Differential, 4K mi., Amsoil SVG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the second UOA on the front differential of my new 2015 Tacoma. I plan to run the newly installed fill at least 30K miles, and judging from this UOA, I am pretty confident it should not be a problem.

Thanks for sharing! Personally I find diffs "bulletproof" so don't care to perform oil analysis, so these results are interesting insight.

After break-in, SVG should be good for 100K (sample at 50-75K to be sure). Here are my UOAs for my rear differential (you can see the front too by clicking on that tab in the spreadsheet). Although it is a different axle than your Toyota, the premise is the same--the first few OCs remove the majority of the metals.

2010_FX4 - How many short OCIs would you recommend before letting a fill go for 75K - 100K miles?

Incidentally - love your postings and contributions to this forum!

Originally Posted By: btanchors
2010_FX4 - How many short OCIs would you recommend before letting a fill go for 75K - 100K miles? Incidentally - love your postings and contributions to this forum!
I would do two (I did one at 13K and another at 70K) and see how the UOA reads and then go from there. As you can see in my UOAs the first OC had a lot of iron in it but the second had gone down by more than 33%. The third OC had 33% more mileage, but about 15% less iron.

Many thanks for the kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back