Haas Formula 1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
In doing some research, the company is headquartered in Kanapolis, NC but has offices in Italy and the UK.

I had read that they got the previous Marussia facility in the UK when it was up for auction in the offseason.

Yes they are in the Marussia facility in Banbury.

Originally Posted By: Tosh
Can I triple down? They only get points down to tenth place, and there will be eleven teams with 2 cars each. Only in a long odds lottery style race does Haas get a point.

If McLaren can get points this year despite their dismal performance and reliability, Haas can do it next year. Never discount luck.

I saw Gene Haas in an interview with Sky TV today say, with a wink and a nod, that they will wait till Mexico to name their other driver. Looks like Esteban Guitirrez is getting the ride.

Originally Posted By: billt460
At least the nonsense ideas floating in the media of people like Danica driving for Hass F1 have finally dropped off.

I can't believe Haas would even consider that woman to drive in F1. She did nothing in Indy cars, in spite of having excellent equipment through her whole tenure. (Rahal / Letterman, and Andretti / Green). The only race she ever won in her career was in Japan. And the only reason she won it was because Castroneves ran out of gas. It's not like she out drove him.

In NASCAR she has continued to disappoint. Again having top equipment. She managed to put it on the pole at Daytona a couple of years ago. She just can't do anything with a fast, good handling car in a crowd. She would be a complete disaster in Formula 1. If Haas wants a woman they should offer it to Suzie Wolff. Providing they can lure her away from Williams. She's run just 2/10ths under Massa on several tracks. Patrick couldn't wash her panties on her best day.

Remember the most qualified for the job is NOT a priority anymore. It's about proper representation of minorities and people of color.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Remember the most qualified for the job is NOT a priority anymore. It's about proper representation of minorities and people of color.

It is when you're the guy paying the bills. Having a temperamental woman with minimal abilities suddenly isn't so important anymore. Yes, Stewart / Haas hired her, but her performance with them is no better than it was with everyone else...... Dismal at best. Non existent in fact.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Danica isn't even eligible to apply for a super license, so it really wouldn't matter what Haas thought on the matter. And she's way too old to be starting in F1, even if she could get a super license.

Rumor has Haas F1 in Ferrari Yellow livery next year, beating Renault to claim the loudest color and best exposure.
bfr7.jpg

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Usually the emergency Neutral button for marshalls. Makes it easier for them to push, but the car is immediately out of the race if pushed.

In double checking, I think that is the button to cut off all electrical power, including the hybrid unit. There should be an "N" button for the neutral near the cockpit.

Originally Posted By: billt460
What's the "E" with the circle around it, just under the air scoop?

It's to mark the location of the external extinguisher actuator. Often it is combined with the external electrical cut off which is marked by a red 'spark' on a blue triangle background.

Originally Posted By: Tosh
Haas livery too boring for words. Mostly silver with some red and black.

I do somewhat agree. However, I feel like nowadays the teams leave the livery somewhat bland as far as design goes intentionally (colors aside) so that it'll be easier to add potential sponsors in the future without completely changing their scheme. If the design was too aggressive, sponsor's stickers/ads might not 'pop' as much. We need more sky blue/yellow Mild Seven Renault-esque liveries
frown.gif

On another note, I found the nose of the car interesting. On the transition to the downward portion of the nose, the bodywork kind of does an up and down over the suspension. Looks like a 'whoops' section, for those who ski.

Well, it might be less boring if they get some sponsorship labeling on there. Things will get very exciting for them in a hurry if they don't have sponsorship lined up.
wink.gif

Of course, I can't see that being the case.

Well, it might be less boring if they get some sponsorship labeling on there. Things will get very exciting for them in a hurry if they don't have sponsorship lined up.
wink.gif

Of course, I can't see that being the case.

McLaren has survived awhile now with sponsors dwindling, unfortunately. But I'm really excited to see how Haas will do this year. It looks from photos that the rear section of the car is tightly packaged. Not quite as much as last/this year's McLaren and this year's Ferrari, but it appears that they got aggressive with tight packaging. Time will tell!

Trying to determine who designed the chassis. Is it me but it seems the Haas name and $ is the only American contribution. Power train and suspension from Ferrari. I suspect English designed chassis. Operation in a town not far from where Clarkson lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back