Castrol Transmax ATF+4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago someone mentioned a good sale for Castrol Transmax ATF. online through Advance.. I picked up 24 quarts today from the store i think they were $4.00 a quart or maybe less i dont remember... This is the first time i bought oil online and picked it up at the store. It was cheaper than anything at wal mart.. I think its a good atf. Thank you to whoever posted this sale here on BITOG.

Note: Im pretty sure QSUD has a 10.00 rebate but be sure and look at their website to be sure.

I bought the Castrol Transmax IMV, not sure if it's synthetic or not, thr Toyotas sure seem to like it.

I use transmax dex merc. I have been plowing with it for years. Still looks good after a couple seasons. ATF cooler keeps it below 200f

Castrol Transmax ATF+4 - It worked fine in my sons old Dodge Neon. I also used the SuperTech ATF+4 in a Chrysler Sebring with no problems.

I use the stuff interchangeably. My transmission has a mixture of Valvoline, Mopar, Castrol and Oreilly brand ATF+4.

I didnt realize all +4's were the same at the time or else I probably would have went with Supertech originally rather than spending $6 each for the Valvoline at Meijer.

The Castrol and Oreilly brand I bought on sale/ at discounted prices though. My goal is a siphon and fill yearly as well as a pan drop/ filter change every other year.

Originally Posted By: freshcopedawg
I use the Transmax Dex VI. It's Synblend and works well. Smells good too.

The DEX VI synblend label is due to DEX VI is a blend of group III/IV/V basestocks FYI.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

The DEX VI synblend label is due to DEX VI is a blend of group III/IV/V basestocks FYI.

So you're saying it's a really good blend? Not bad for $4/qt.

Base oil - highly refined Varies 60-65%
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated, heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 50-55%
Base oil - highly refined Varies 30-35%
Methacrylate copolymer Proprietary 1-5%

I always liked the valvoline atf+4 or the mopar atf+4 the best but i have over 200,000 on an origional 96 grand caravan and the trans is due for a rebuild it leaks and i have to keep filling it so this was cheap and i decided it will work ok. so far so good

I picked up 24 qts. too, can't go wrong at $4 each. Free delivery too. Our Town & Country is about due for a fluid exchange, so this was timely.

Base oil - highly refined Varies 60-65%
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated, heavy paraffinic 64742-54-7 50-55%
Base oil - highly refined Varies 30-35%
Methacrylate copolymer Proprietary 1-5%

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3182687/1

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I always liked the valvoline atf+4 or the mopar atf+4 the best but i have over 200,000 on an origional 96 grand caravan and the trans is due for a rebuild it leaks and i have to keep filling it so this was cheap and i decided it will work ok. so far so good

ATF+4 is ATF+4 no matter the label on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back