TGMO 0W20 10,080 mi., 2012 Elantra, 162K mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this report say anything about my engine's wear at 162,ooo+ miles? The oil is TGMO although it's not noted by the lab.
[img:center]http://[/img]

Great report. I see you're not letting any grass grow under that Elantra. You may want to investigate an anti-wear agent for that drivers seat.

Looks like the trend is that the additive packs are growing? are you adding more oil on these samples?

A little extra Al probably from pistons, but no worries.

MAN, that's A LOT of miles in such a brief time!

Hard working Hyundai Elantra there... looking good and should give you many more thousands of miles.

Good report but it sounds like your driving is mostly highway (50000 miles a year) and therefore little wear is expected with most oils, as highway driving is a walk in the park for engines.

Blackstone always had "universal averages" for each engine, based on 7k miles or so for comparison. Yours probably is hitting the averages I'll bet.

I think I'm getting some timing chain or valve train tick, noticeable mostly at idle so that's why I wanted this latest report, to see if anything was out of wack. It looks okay to me, a little uptick in copper.
I have been using the bottles of TGMO for the last few changes after I found that the bulk oil I was getting from the dealer was no longer the Toyota oil. I was convinced of it with the vis. at 7.8 and that is the last I used the bulk oil in my car. I'm putting it in my wife's 2009 Elantra, still have about 10 qts left. It looks like it is good oil but not what I wanted, still don't know what oil it actually is. I like the TGMO oil and I get it at a very good price from a guy working at the dealership. I use a KATS block heater in the winter, when it gets to around 40°F I plug it in on a timer for the 2 hrs before I leave in the morning. I also use pipe insulation for a grill block.
Here's my mileage log over at cleanmpg.com
http://www.cleanmpg.com/index.php?page=garage&displayunits=MPG%28US%29&viewcar=3747

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back