fitbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have a fitbit, do you like it, and is it accurate?
Thinking about the Fitbit charge HR. I don't like the band on the charge.

Originally Posted By: dave123
What do you plan to achieve with it

Interested in tracking sleep and mostly as a toy, curious how much i walk in a day at work. I think it will also track HR while asleep, that would interest me also.

I had heard the HR was way off during exercise, (which is important if your one to measure your HR during exercise).

Well that it is basically a toy it's a great fit for that and about it.

Last edited:
I have a Fitbit Surge and do between 5 and 10 miles a day and it is very accurate and consistent. I use it to track steps (walking/jogging/running) and sometimes sleep. I started in mid-June and thus far, I am very pleased with it.

I have the cheapest one and use the Fitbit software to track stuff I eat. I've lost 19 lbs. so far. The idea of a food file and number of steps I walk relative to calories intake is a good daily reminder on not over eating. I am also in an Aqua aerobics class and input that information. A great tool in my opinion. Ed

My wife and I each have one. Depends on what you do for exercise and how you define "accuracy". If you move your hand, you'll register a walk so it can be fooled. But overall, it's very accurate at its purpose which is measuring activity from walking/running.

I like the fitbit and so does my wife. It's fun to track your activity and sleep cycles.

I've got a Charge, and it is really accurate. I like it.

However, if you mow the lawn with a push mower, or use a belt sander, or something that vibrates the Fitbit it will give phantom steps. But if you understand that it's great.

I really like how the charge counts how many floors you go up. It has a barometer and can tell when you go up.

I wish a regular watch with Fitbit technology was available. I'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back