ram_man's condensed Dodge Dart oil thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was titled: seriously considering 10,000 oci which syn

Hey everyone on my mew dart im considering running the oci to 10,000 its going to need hard for me to do much over 5000 gives me the shakes. But i know 0w20 and 10,000 means synthetic. So give me your best argument on which one i should use in the 2.0l. Castrol edge
Valvoline synpower, pennzoil platinum or the quaker state syn. I am not interested in mobil in this car or any house brand syns. Thanks everyone

In your climate..I wouldn't think twice. Up here in Illinois I might do that in the spring through summer but with our winters and my short trips I only go 4 to 5 thousand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
After the Focus you should do exactly what your owner's manual calls for. Why would you not use the OLM?

+1. I'd likely put m1 0w-20 M1 EP in there, test it with UTA at 0% on the OLM, and see what happens...

I'm going to use M1 EP in my new Camry 10k OCI.

I think any of those synthetic oils can go 10k OCI for my car.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's right, buy a new car and never change the oil.

ram_man, you must be one of those normal people.....
Merk, my VW has only had 10,000-12,000 mile oil changes for the past 175,000 miles. Here's a picture of the engine. Looks pretty clean to me.

123179x.jpg

I'm running edge ep. Pretty impressed with how clean it runs. I usually go 5 k and it still looks good. I know I could run longer but can't break my old school mentality

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Merk, my VW has only had 10,000-12,000 mile oil changes for the past 175,000 miles. Here's a picture of the engine. Looks pretty clean to me.

It would look even better if it didn't have black oil smeared all over it!
laugh.gif

It would look even better if it didn't have black oil smeared all over it!
laugh.gif

Lol when I change the oil, the moment I start up the engine and turn it off and check it, the oil is already black.

I vote Castrol Edge
Agreed...or QSUD, PP, PUP, VSP, Kendall, Havoline, Formula Shell, Amsoil, RP OR...dast I say it - ANY flavor of M1--because it just will not matter...

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I vote Castrol Edge
Agreed...or QSUD, PP, PUP, VSP, Kendall, Havoline, Formula Shell, Amsoil, RP. OR...dast I say it - ANY flavor of M1--because it just will not matter...
Haha yup I don't have a problem with any of those oils, I just chose one from his list using the "Eenie meenie minie moe" method.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
After the Focus you should do exactly what your owner's manual calls for. Why would you not use the OLM?

Owners manual says 10,000 or sooner if olm says so. I drive mostly highway so its going to go the full 10,000 no doubt in my mind but i should rephrase id go 10,000 or until the olm says to change it. So i am following the manual which I've never done. I usually always change it more often than they say is necessary.

That's right, buy a new car and never change the oil.

ram_man, you must be one of those normal people.....

Be careful not to confuse him with facts - his mind is made up!
smile.gif

In my Fords, I have used Pennzoil Plat. and Ultra (when I could find it) with very good results.

I tried Pennzoil Plat. in the Impala for the first oil change and it was fine, but the last oil change I went with Mobil 1 and I am very happy with it. I thought the engine was ever so SLIGHTLY quieter with the Mobil 1, but honestly not a huge difference in performance in any way, shape, manner or form. I think I'll stick with Mobil 1 since I've been using it in the Camry to go 10K - 12K miles OCI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back