Has Anyone Heard of CSR Petroleums LTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone local to me is selling a sealed 5 gal pail of their Compressor Oil 300 for $50, which I can find absolutely no info on - [censored], not even the company that blended it. Should I go grab it?

21834309401_5458b1a0e4_o.jpg

21834309491_2c3da406e0_o.jpg

I didn't know they actually blended anything. I knew that they did exploration, at least at one time. So, they're at least not a fly by night company, but aside from that, there's not much I know.

If this was not a product blended and labeled to a specific spec for sale or distribution it might be a product for internal use only for some undefined purpose. The person selling it may not be technically qualified to represent its suitability for a specific use beyond reading the label. In other words, pass.

I don't know what your application is, but you could ask to sample it and have it tested before purchase to find out what it MIGHT be.

It's OK, I decided to get a jug of DeWalt Synthetic oil. It's for my compressor - allegedly, the MSDS states the manufacturer as Amsoil, can anyone confirm?

Hard to say. That's always the problem with the compressor-branded compressor oils - finding data. In any case, I think you made a decent choice. A Shell distributor might be a good bet if you need a bunch of compressor oil. Imperial Oil will want you to buy way, way too much. I know, I tried, and it would have been too much even to service very gas station in western Canada for the next half decade.
wink.gif

Glad I waited, my local HD marked down the quart-jugs of the DeWalt full synthetic to $7.46. Bought everything they had!

22400433682_7e1a846eca_o.jpg

22400434102_bba5f296bc_o.jpg

Oh yeah, because this is what happened at another HD (another five jugs of synthetic then 6 jugs of conventional dino plus a bunch of other marked down compressor accessories):

21801028443_0cb537c465_o.jpg

21799400094_9ba125482d_o.jpg

22408939752_20ff0642db_o.jpg

Well, I guess I had better go and check HD myself. I could use some compressor oil for one of my businesses. Imperial Oil wants me to buy a swimming pool of the stuff. Maybe Shell has more sensibly sized containers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back