2016 Grand Caravan 3.6 Oil Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a search and looked on several part stores' websites, but I don't see a listing for a 2016 Grand Caravan 3.6L oil filter.

Does anyone know if there have been any changes for 2016, or can I use the 2015 part number? It's almost time for the first oil change, and I certainly don't want to mess something up on our new van.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'd ask for the oem filter part number from the dealer, then cross reference with whichever filter you prefer.

Last edited:
There should have been no changes from the 2014 MY switch to the MO-349 filter. Personally, I am using the OE filter for both of my applications.

As far as I know the filter is the same. Here's two of the more popular aftermarket offerings.

Purolator L36296
Fram CH11665

Originally Posted By: Bob5150
I've done a search and looked on several part stores' websites, but I don't see a listing for a 2016 Grand Caravan 3.6L oil filter.

Does anyone know if there have been any changes for 2016, or can I use the 2015 part number? It's almost time for the first oil change, and I certainly don't want to mess something up on our new van.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Until the folks at Fram, Wix, Purolator, etc. specify an oil filter, use the OEM oil filter(Mopar?).

That is a brand new vehicle under warranty, no need to chance it by using the wrong filter and damaging something.

There were some folks that used the same oil filter for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee on their 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the engine was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back