2005 taurus trans fluid and filter ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
then i'm going to , or i might as well drop the pan for the first time ont he 09 taurus
so is felpro a good brand for the gasket or is motorcraft dealer gasket a lot better? at oreilly, autozone, and aap, the gasket they offer is felpro

what about for the trans filter? aap didn't have a filter, but i need to check oreilly and azone. is the motorcraft trans filter the best or is oreilly's filter ok? what about the napa brand trans filter? thanks.

There is no Motorcraft gasket for a 2009 Taurus. It is only sold as a blue label, or Ford OEM part. 7T4Z 7F396 A is the p/n. The filter, 7T4Z-7A098-A will not come with a gasket as they are separate items.

i see
but how is a napa gasket (cheapest 6.99) compared to a felpro (12.99) or a ford dealership gasket (20+ dollars)? thanks. will the napa gasket suffice and do they hold up well?

If the filter and gasket kit says both types, then it would include 2 gaskets for both possible transmission types. Or you can just look at your door frame label and it has the transmission type written on it.

Mercon V is the right ATF, it is so cheap and common why put Maxlife in there?

I just got the mechanic to drop my pan. they resolved the broken bolt issue. i'll ask tmrw (forgot at the time) how they did it.
anyways, I bought 2 quarts of Valvoline mercon v, 5 quarts of motorcraft. how is the Valvoline compared to motorcraft and are they mixable, and how's the Castrol? I was wondering for next time when I do the drain and fill, which brand should I use and would it mix with what's already in the vehicle

anyways, when they dropped the pan, they said they couldn't save my gasket and put my new napa branded gasket on there. It said manufactured by aku(something, I can't remember, it started with an a) but he gave me the old gasket too, which i'll save

but my biggest concern is, I paid for labor and brought my own parts, but I brought in a trans filter, but he said the trans filter wasn't accessible by dropping the pan and was inside the trans pump or something and that he wouldn't take apart my trans and only a trans shop would probably do it. is he right? on an 09 Taurus, is the filter not easily serviceable? or is it right next to the pan like on many other cars? if it is, I guess I bought the filter for nothing? if it's way inside the trans, has anybody ever changed the filter or had any experiences with these internal filters on ford transmissions? were they worth replacing and how did they go, or is it not worth it and could potentially mess things up since they have to take apart your trans? i'd like to know so I can see if I should take it to the trans shop to change the filter at 130k, or just pull the drain plug myself, if that's the case of the filter not being inside the pan, I won't drop the pan again since I have a drain plug which I discovered after my broken bolt mistake, but i'll just pull the plug every 30k and refill, but when I refill, I was wondering about mixing brands or how the alternatives stacked up to the oem motorcraft

and I won't have to worry about gaskets again, hopefully but I saved the old gasket in case the napa gasket doesn't hold up because I heard some trans pans leak due to a faulty gasket. is this OK? should I save my oem gasket and use it again if this gasket fails or should I throw it out since it was destroyed upon this dropping of the pan? dropping the pan this time was pretty much required because of the broken bolt and the small clearance and the impossibility of getting it out with a drill bit myself, but if the filter really is way inside, then I don't see a point in dropping the pan in the filter and i'll just drain and fill the trans myself in the future.

i returned the felpro (i got it for 8.41 with an aap coupon) but i returned it since i used the napa, to my regret. the reg price is 16.99. i could have saved it for the next time! but after the transaction went, i told him, please cancel, and the guy said too late and gave me attitude, would saving the gasket for the next use have been ok, save the felpro since i used the napa, or would that not be ok since having it sit int he box for a few years damages/weakens it? thanks.

the upper intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced when doing the spark plugs on this 6 cylinder, correct? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back