Power stop Truck and Tow brake kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking to replace the Pads and Rotors on My silverado soon as im getting some slight rotor vibration.

I do tow a few times a month so i've considered purchasing drilled and slotted rotors for the truck.

Powerstop makes a Truck and Tow kit for a little over $200.

Has anyone used these before?

When i bought the second saturn , it came with new power stop pads. I left them as the rotors were new and the pads. I just don't like them. I know my saturn is 1/2 the weight of the silverado. They just don't seem to stop that well. I'm going to replace them with either alkebono, hawk or maybe Bendix ct-3 with new rotors.

I also tow with my avalanche. I used hawk super duty pads. There have been complaints of this brake pad being squeeky but i have never experienced this, they work well. I don't put that many miles on it , i just tow so i can't say how they last. They are probably not easy on rotors, but i'm ok with that, i tow and i want to stop when i need to stop so rotors are sacrificial in my case.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3410446/Avalanche_brake_Job#Post3410446

Drilled rotors will not help towing braking or regular braking at all. Less surface area, they might, and i mean might help with wet braking. Slotted would be better, but i think maybe noisier.

Last edited:
Was considering the Powerstop OEM combo on RA for our cavalier...it seems plenty of stop and go traffic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back