Opinion's on my upcoming oil change situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Leave the oil that is in the truck. It is still fine and does not need changing.

When you get the time and money to change your gasket, then change the oil at the same time. That oil, especially with your top offs, can go til you can get around to the gasket.

Do it yourself and send some pictures of the covers, cams, gaskets, etc when you do the job

+2. In the meantime top it off with the cheapest 10w-30 dino. Since you work at walmart, I'd assume it's supertech dino. BTW, how much of a discount do you get? 30%?

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Leave the oil that is in the truck. It is still fine and does not need changing.

When you get the time and money to change your gasket, then change the oil at the same time. That oil, especially with your top offs, can go til you can get around to the gasket.

Do it yourself and send some pictures of the covers, cams, gaskets, etc when you do the job

+1 and maybe consider QS Defy 5w-30 at 5K intervals with the Fram Ultra filter good for 10K.

Sorry all was finally able to hop back on. Studying for midterms is always fun. Anyway, to answer some questions. I apologize it was the bottom end rebuilt, not the top end. Also there is going to be no warranty as my grandfather and my dad rebuilt the engine.

I like the idea of using supertech oil or maxlife to top off as I felt it was way to early to dump such a great oil anyway, I just didn't want to pay 7 bucks + to top off with PP. My discount I get is 10%. Which in Alabama state tax is 9.5% so I really just save on state tax and then a little extra, which is better than nothing.

My parking lot at the apartments only has about 2-3 small spots of oil under it after a day or two. I do thank you all for the input. I am still new to all of this so I appreciate you taking it easy on a beginner lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back