10 Things I Love About My Electric Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kxc262
A/C does not require as much electricity in my experience. Had my car on idle with it on and it useless less than .5 KwH

The heater does burn much more battery and in colder climates this may be an issue. Some cars will let you charge and use climate control at the same time (pre-heat or pre-cool the vehicle while plugged in). The Leaf does not allow this. Once climate is reached, it will use less energy, but still drain more power to generate heat

From a purely technical standpoint, heating should be near 100% efficient, as you just have resisters burning the electricity. Whereas cooling requires an electric powered AC system, which is going to be significantly less than 100% efficient.

Unless you've defeated the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics it doesn't make sense that cooling would take less energy than heating. If you've invented that, you can just turn your A/C system backwards and A/C the outside environment colder, with the resultant heat going into your car.

Perhaps because you need a larger temperature difference to heat is why it's perceived that heating takes more energy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I love the concept of the P85D/P90D. The Model S is the only electric car that does not scream "look at me, I drive an electric car" plus it is the only one with decent range and performance. If I had the money, I would daily drive a P85D/P90D in a heartbeat.

If you take off all the Tesla badges(inside and out) on model S it will be hard to say that it is a Tesla car to ordinary drivers. It just looks like an ordinary luxury 4-dr sedan inside out, ordinary people can't say it is an electric car powered by battery.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I think the best part about Tesla is they don't pretend their products are good for the environment like every other manufacturer that makes electric and hybrid vehicles.

I visited a Tesla center couple years ago after they had model S for few weeks, the sale associates didn't say anything about Model S is a zero emission car or anything about environment, they only mentioned about battery mounted on the floor to achieve low center gravity for improve handling, 200+ miles range, quick acceleration, top speed, large display screen, capable of using standard household outlet to change battery, MPG equivalent (or cost per 100 miles), super charger stations that Tesla was building along Interstate highways, rebates from Federal and state ... Just like a normal car salesperson would say to promote the cars he/she is selling.

They had 2 cars in display stand, one is a complete car for customer to look at and sit in the car, the other is a chassis to display the frame, engines, battery, suspension pieces ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: expat
Question ......Will an EV provide sufficent heat for it's occupants during sub zero temps.

I would imagine that could cause a large drain on an already suffering battery.

Yep EV's work good in the winter time, especially the AWD Model S with snow tires, good ski car!

the tax incentive and rebates on these things are SO #BLANKING# backwards

IF the car is really that good wouldn't people be buying them on the cars own MERITS?

not because they get to take my money to buy a car

i think it is pretty effing hypocritical that people buying these tesla's are getting my tax money

WE are in HUGE debt!

tesla buyers are NOT single mothers with 4 kids

they are very well off people, with many buying these as toys and not primary transportation.

Lets save our tax dollar for those who ACTUALLY NEED IT

any neo libs out there taking a tax credit on their new car and then saying we need to pay more taxes to help the poor is so backwards it is laughable

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

Lol, like the [name a hundred other incentives and rebates for industries that also use magnitudes more tax dollars which you aren't complaining about]

Originally Posted By: raytseng

Lol, like the [name a hundred other incentives and rebates for industries that also use magnitudes more tax dollars which you aren't complaining about]

I am in favor of zero tax breaks,mortgage interest included
zero loopholes
Zero favortism
Flat tax
im also in favor of getting rid of the "tipping" in restaurants
I would rather have all the food be a little more expensive
$100 bill plus $20 in tip waiter pays zero tax
i would rather pay $120 and have them pay tax on their earnings as well

everyone pays

Last edited:
The tax incentive and rebates on these things are SO #BLANKING# backwards

IF the car is really that good wouldn't people be buying them on the cars own MERITS?

Tesla is playing by the rules just like other legitimate companies. Tesla didn't beg Congress for special incentives/tax breaks and they didn't get any. All incentives for ZEV(Zero Emission Vehicle) are available to any and all companies. Tesla(and some other companies) choose to go with EV, Toyota choose to go with Fuel Cell. All of them received incentives for ZEV.

Just like other legitimate companies, all the incentives they can get legally they do just like other companies.

Tesla is a public company, their mission is return as much equity/profit as they can(legally) to their stock holders. Any other way is violated their share holder trust.

Trucks are subsidized as well, I'm writing my Ram off.

Part of the reason they can sell a $50k pickup is because business's can write them off as "work" vehicles.

Lots of ways to work with the system, everyone that participates does it one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back