2014 Accord CVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to know too. I'm doing maintenance for my daughter 2014 Accord LX with CVT. I already have Mityvac 7201, I love to use it to siphon old fluid then refill with new fluid without raising the car.

I don't have the OM, what is the change interval of this CVT ?

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Does anyone know if a fluid extractor can be used on this transmission?

Thanks

Not sure, but Honda put a drain on it so fluid change is easy.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I don't have the OM, what is the change interval of this CVT ?

When maintenance code 3 pops up
eek.gif

The manual only says if driven in high heat operations like slow mountain driving or trailer towing the fluid should be changed at 25k miles. If the timing is the same as the previous 5spd auto, around 50k miles.

Originally Posted By: LotI
Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Does anyone know if a fluid extractor can be used on this transmission?

Thanks

Not sure, but Honda put a drain on it so fluid change is easy.

Too late to edit my post but the car doesn't have a dipstick so I don't think so. It has a fill plug but it looks like it doesn't go straight to the sump.

Honda Tech

I have Mityvac 7201, when my daughter came home I will try to insert 1 of the suction tube/hose into the fill tube to see how far it goes down.

If the tube goes down more than 10-15" then it can be used, if the tube only goes down 2-3" then drain plug is needed.

There is a drain plug that uses the square drive part of a 3/8 ratchet to loosen and tighten. When removed the fluid just clears the plastic undershield. There is a rubber plug that looks like a dipstick but is a rubber plug for servicing under the hood, has a yellow donut on it that says HCF-2. We bought a 2014 Accord EX-L w/CVT for my wife to drive mostly highway miles to/from work. I changed the CVT fluid at 10K, 20K, and 30K miles. That first change, the fluid came out black but still translucent. The second drain/fill was dark but not as dark as the 10K drain/fill. The 30K change looked dark amber; Honda HCF-2 CVT fluid is a golden amber like the color of honey. I got a case of 12 shipped from H and A for $118 and some change. I measured what I took out and refilled with the same amount + 1-2 oz. and did the level check IAW Honda check procedure. (3.7 quarts) Maybe this change sequence sounds over the top for some, but I flushed all the break-in debris out and have nice fresh, stout fluid in there. There were some issues with the 2013's so I wanted to be pro active. Wife likes it...if she is happy, I'm happy; Honda is happy.

Last edited:
I drained the factory fluid at 10k on my CPO Accord and couldn't tell the difference between the drained fluid and the new. I will wait for the MM to tell me to do the next change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back