Blackstone raises their basic price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep; after using Blackstone for quite some time, I have switched to Polaris via my Amsoil preferred account. $19.50 with TBN included versus $35ish at Blackstone.

The kit at NAPA is half that price and includes TBN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BigD1
The kit at NAPA is half that price and includes TBN.

How/where do you get them?

I really think Blackstone is making a mistake here. They were already perceived as high priced, especially considering the extra $10 for TBN. I like the WIX kits which cost about $14 including TBN, but I have paid the extra money and supported Blackstone because they have supported this forum. But this... Unfortunately, this is now a deal breaker.

That's unfortunate. I got the email from Blackstone the same day as the prices went up. Thanks for the advanced notice. /sarcasm

Originally Posted By: Eddie
The NAPA site doesn't say what is covered with their analysis. Anyone? Ed

I don't have results from my own yet, but from what I've seen you get wear metals, additives, contaminants and TBN. No oxidation, sulfation, nitration nor TAN. I'm referring to a gasoline engine sample, of course. They also test diesels, transmissions and diffs. With a transmission or diff, I believe they test TAN (no TBN required).

Polaris and Caterpillar labs test oxidation, sulfation and such in a standard test for decent price.

I do not like the price I pay at Blackstone but I sure appreciate their input especially with extended drains involved. If one is new at using UOA, they may be the best. I have taken that experience in tow and bought 3 Wix/NAPA kits for almost the price of one with Blackstone. I have sent one sample in so far and it's okay. No comments no universal ave. and such but you can call in and a tech will call you at (their) convenience. The one I talked to was helpful. The only other one I have experience with is with Amsoil and their not a bargain either. Enjoy your weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back