Peak Global Lifetime vs. Motorcraft "Premium"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can currently get both for similar costs. Original spec is for motorcraft "premium" (conventional green not the extended drain green) on ym '96 GT. Did a drain and fill this year and plan to do so yearly with the motorcraft... Unless the PGL is really worth it, in which case I'd probably just get enough to drain/fill 2-3 times over next summer months and go from there.

You don't need to drain PGL every year. it's an extended-life coolant that lasts 5 years
smile.gif

The best regimen is to run any ethylene glycol coolant for 3 years in between drains, probably more like five. Don't waste money and hurt the environment by changing what's still essentially brand new coolant every year.

As I suspect is the case with some other BITOGers, I change mine a little too often because I fiddle with my cars when I'm bored.

Well, wasting a ton of coolant trying to sort out a leak after doing an intake swap. Menards is much closer than my Motorcraft distributor.

Does PGL mix as well as they claim? Would be vast majority PGL but I am not doing an actual flush to make sure, just a full drain.

"Subsequent flush and fills of your A & C System should no longer be necessary after the proper initial flush and fill using PEAK® GLOBAL® LIFETIME® and subsequent A & C System maintenance, including top-offs." Peak Global

Once a full flush is done, then you don't have to do it again ever. Just top offs as necessary.

Had a small pin hole leak in the bottom radiator hose on my 2014 Ram...Drained Purple coolant replaced hose... refilled with PGL...

No issues... From all the research I found.. Mopar Purple coolant and PGL is almost identical chemistry's... Added 8oz RMI-25! Good for many years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back