2015 F150 body tooling quality is very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
No excuse when those trucks are averaging 50k per unit.

Perhaps that speaks to the clientele buying them.
Many of these folks will buy it because it is what they have always bought. Heck anyone paying that kind of money for a pick up truck is a bit of a fool if you ask me.

You could make the same argument for someone buying a $60,000.00plus Mercedes Sedan instead of a $27,000.00 Hyundai Sonata.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$50,000 for a half ton truck? LOL!
Start checking off options and it's easy to get there. You can option out a half ton truck like it's a luxury car.
Which is why I bought my F-250. The F-150s were literally within $1000-$1500 of what I paid for the F-250; except the F-250 could **practically** (jk) pull them in half.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
$50,000 for a half ton truck? LOL!
Start checking off options and it's easy to get there. You can option out a half ton truck like it's a luxury car.
Which is why I bought my F-250. The F-150s were literally within $1000-$1500 of what I paid for the F-250; except the F-250 could **practically** (jk) pull them in half.
The F250 and F350 are a way heavier duty truck.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^My pilot buddy just took delivery of his new F150. One of the worst paint jobs I have seen on a new vehicle, looked just like Demarpaint said: applied with a roller!

They also poorly masked a section of two tone and over-sprayed the main color at the edge!

He has a regular cab 4X4 with the 2.7 ecoboost. Drives great, very nice little engine but sure makes some funny noises...

So much for "there is nothing better than factory paint" some on here tout.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^My pilot buddy just took delivery of his new F150. One of the worst paint jobs I have seen on a new vehicle, looked just like Demarpaint said: applied with a roller!

They also poorly masked a section of two tone and over-sprayed the main color at the edge!

He has a regular cab 4X4 with the 2.7 ecoboost. Drives great, very nice little engine but sure makes some funny noises...

So much for "there is nothing better than factory paint" some on here tout.

Haha, so right, Trav. The adhesion of a proper factory paint job is usually the only thing unbeatable about it. IME here there seems to be massive variations in quality of the finish....

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
No excuse when those trucks are averaging 50k per unit.

Perhaps that speaks to the clientele buying them.
Many of these folks will buy it because it is what they have always bought. Heck anyone paying that kind of money for a pick up truck is a bit of a fool if you ask me.

You could make the same argument for someone buying a $60,000.00plus Mercedes Sedan instead of a $27,000.00 Hyundai Sonata.

No I don't think so. High dollar pick up guys have issues. Probably worse ones than the corvette owners do.

Why pay so much money for something so crude and ugly that sits only 2 people? I'll never get it.

And they want the body fit and finish to be perfect on their ugly vehicle?

Most of the guys in my area with pickups are bigger pusses than I am. I haul way more stuff in my trailer than they do in the pickup. As a matter of fact many of them have never seen a load of anything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

No I don't think so. High dollar pick up guys have issues. Probably worse ones than the corvette owners do.

I dono - Exploding Vette engines seem to be a pretty nasty issue. Not sure how widespread it is but it's not something I'd expect from GM.

Quote:
Why pay so much money for something so crude and ugly that sits only 2 people? I'll never get it.

Sounds like a Vette or other high end sports car. People define crudeness different ways.

Quote:
Most of the guys in my area with pickups are bigger pusses than I am. I haul way more stuff in my trailer than they do in the pickup. As a matter of fact many of them have never seen a load of anything.

And this bothers you why? Sports car guys are also compensating, just like huge tuck guys. That runs both ways.

People should buy what they like. Plenty of pusses in Porsches and F350's, Vettes and 2500's, Ferarris and 3500's.

Lets see I have owned a 70 Challenger, a 74 Chev p/u, a 77 Porsche,a 79 ford p/u ,an 88 Toy Camry, 92 Toy p/u, a 2006 Toyota p/u and a 2015 Ford p/u . Yep I am compensating as my you know what is too small to please a woman and even if it was of proper size I wouldn't know how to use it anyway. The world now knows the truth.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I noticed exactly what the OP is talking about. I just don't think aluminum is all its cracked up to me. I was a big FMC fan, I'm losing the love though. If I was in the market for a PU I'd probably buy a Hemi Ram.

I still think Ford makes the best trucks.
They are using aluminum to save weight and increase gas mileage....Ford is innovative.....

I saw 2 today, one of them the front passenger door was wavy like the ocean, the rear passenger door looked pretty good. The other truck was pretty decent except where the door handle pockets are, it got a little wavy near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back