Gas Station Windshield Wash Buckets Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second time now that I went to two different Speedways and they had contaminated water in the wash bucket. The first time the water was like bird bath/swamp water that stunk something terrible. The station I went to today had this oily like water that left a film on my windshield in two of the buckets I used. Did somebody check there oil level with the Squeegee? I wonder how often they change the water in these [censored] things.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only stations I've seen so far that have impeccably clean water are QT stores. They have free air too.

I doubt they change it often as most people don't care. Guessing if you use those to begin with you probably don't wash your car often anyway.

I stopped using them years ago because of the smell, I think bacteria is growing in them because the fluid smells like death.

the fluid never gets changed, only added to. and people use them to wipe off their entire car. (not sure why cause the water is so gross - but I have seen it)

I remember someone posting on here that they watched a guy and his kid wash the entire car with those squeegees.

I seldom use them because my windshields are almost always freshly clay-bared and sparkling clean ha.
smile.gif

Our local Chevron (MacArthur @ San Joaquin Hills, NB) changes them out and stocks the paper towels with each cashier shift change.
They're a few pennies more for the 'high test' 91 octane but who cares? And the staff is unfailingly friendly and accommodating.

And in Ireland (as of 18 months ago) they didn`t have either water or a squeegee at service stations. Never did figure out how you were supposed to clean your windshield. Maybe they just wash the whole car.

Originally Posted By: splinter
I seldom use them because my windshields are almost always freshly clay-bared and sparkling clean ha.
smile.gif

Our local Chevron (MacArthur @ San Joaquin Hills, NB) changes them out and stocks the paper towels with each cashier shift change.
They're a few pennies more for the 'high test' 91 octane but who cares? And the staff is unfailingly friendly and accommodating.

You're talking about a gas station in an affluent neighborhood(multi-millions mansions) ! If the washer buckets don't have clean washer fluid & water, drivers of Roll-Roy's, Bentleys, S class ... will scream at the attendants.

for self-serve gas stations: their squeegees and their water buckets are known to be frequently contaminated with gasoline, as those ignorant owners overfill their gas tanks and then haphazardly grab a squeegee nearby to scrub off the gasoline on their car body.

Q.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm not sure if that is Jesus's responsibility, nor would he know.

That must've been a bad post before Wayne edited it. I'm glad I didn't see it.

Originally Posted By: Quest
for self-serve gas stations: their squeegees and their water buckets are known to be frequently contaminated with gasoline, as those ignorant owners overfill their gas tanks and then haphazardly grab a squeegee nearby to scrub off the gasoline on their car body.

Q.

See that happen a bunch....

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You're talking about a gas station in an affluent neighborhood...drivers will scream at the attendants.

There's do denying that it's a nice area.
My friends in town and neighbors around here are quiet and polite. Seldom if ever hear anyone scream to or about others.

What's there to be uptight about when you're comfortable with your station in life?
smile.gif

Using the supplied windshield washing water is akin to washing your hands in a urinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back