Online Parts Site Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left a review of an auto parts site on ResellerRatings. They encourage you to post a review and after you receive your order they will send you a link to review them. Naturally this is to boost their ratings.

They contacted me saying I left a negative review, and they will give me 10% off on my next order to take down the review.

Now, do you see that as taking care of your customers, or cynical bribery?

It depends on how you see it: either you think they are trying to make up for the bad experience, or attempt to bribe you and [censored] you off.

At least if you are not happy you can always refuse...

10% is not overly attractive. Especially if you are not in need of a major purchase... And if you are, do you really want to go back there?

It's a Canadian site. I don't like how they pack their [censored]. They just throw you parts into a box, and my parts rattle inside the box during shipping like an infant rattle toy.

I may have to order from the USA in the future. It's sad that we have almost nothing in Canada.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
It's a Canadian site. I don't like how they pack their [censored]. They just throw you parts into a box, and my parts rattle inside the box during shipping like an infant rattle toy.

I may have to order from the USA in the future. It's sad that we have almost nothing in Canada.

So the offer is really 10% off poorly-packed merchandise. That makes it even less attractive.

You could continue to engage them, see if they can fix their packaging issues, or just leave the review up and see what happens. As is it sounds like they aren't really addressing their problems, they just want to make that review "go away".

They contacted me saying I left a negative review, and they will give me 10% off on my next order to take down the review.

Did they mention anything about remedying the packing problem in the future?

Originally Posted By: moving2

Did they mention anything about remedying the packing problem in the future?

Nope.

I've ordered from them before and it's always like this.

I get it that many parts are robust enough to survive but it's not a professional way to treat customer's parts.

I don't like how they pack their [censored]. They just throw you parts into a box, and my parts rattle inside the box during shipping like an infant rattle toy.

Amazon did that to me a couple of times in the past (with loose, leaking bottles of Lube Gard, etc.), but I must not have been the only one complaining, since every order since then has been packed VERY well.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back