Twin Turbos, a Blower, and Nitrous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Shannow
One of my former efficiency engineers had a Godzilla Skyline with turbo and eaton...in parallel, one for low end and one for top.

This was the same type of set up (I doubt they used an Eaton brand blower) that the Lancia Delta S4 Group B rally car used.
wink.gif

Yes, that was long before Eaton got into superchargers. I think the Lancia Delta was the last of the 2wd rally cars before 4wd took over in the early '80's. Eaton didn't start producing superchargers until 1989 on the Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Shannow
One of my former efficiency engineers had a Godzilla Skyline with turbo and eaton...in parallel, one for low end and one for top.

This was the same type of set up (I doubt they used an Eaton brand blower) that the Lancia Delta S4 Group B rally car used.
wink.gif

Yes, that was long before Eaton got into superchargers. I think the Lancia Delta was the last of the 2wd rally cars before 4wd took over in the early '80's. Eaton didn't start producing superchargers until 1989 on the Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe.

The Delta S4 WAS an AWD Group B rally car, as was the Group A version Delta Intergrale after it.

You are thinking about the earlier, Group 4/B Lancia Rally 037, which was Volumex supercharged (don't know if that is the same type of system as the "Comprex wave" one you mentioned, Shannow??) rear wheel drive platform.

I owned a '90 Super Coupe, so yes, I know all about the Eaton blowers, and their very stinky, self contained, oil.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back