What Is A 2004 MGM worth with only 4,400 miles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
We just traded my wifes 04 MGM GS last month. Lot just sold it for $3,500 with 170k on it.

Traded my 2006 MGM Ultimate that was a rare car with the moon roof and handling & performance package, silver/grey two tone paint w/ black leather. Had 112k on it and they sold it for $6,900.

A 2004 with that low mileage even a GS should be reasonable 6-7k.

Just curious, how do you know what the dealers actually sold the cars for?

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
We just traded my wifes 04 MGM GS last month. Lot just sold it for $3,500 with 170k on it.

Traded my 2006 MGM Ultimate that was a rare car with the moon roof and handling & performance package, silver/grey two tone paint w/ black leather. Had 112k on it and they sold it for $6,900.

A 2004 with that low mileage even a GS should be reasonable 6-7k.

Just curious, how do you know what the dealers actually sold the cars for?

WE got both of our current vehicles from the same "auto group", became friends with our salesguy.

$3000-$4000. It's just a big old car that gets lousy mileage. Your best hope is to sell it to a kid who wants to put rims and hydraulics on it.

You guys are nuts, the hoses will be fine. I doubt it would need anything other than tires. Someone will definitely pay extra over KBB for the low miles if the car is showroom with no dings or interior issues. Is it rust free? Sitting outside could rust it even with low miles.

Threads worthless without pics

It's not even the OPs car. It's a neighbor. Does the owner of the car consider the OP to be some sort of authority on what this car should sell for?

This thread is like many others-replies don't mean anything and the OP really doesn't have any control over the situation.

Is the OP going to get a "power of attorney" to sell the car on behalf of the owner?

Originally Posted By: CKN
It's not even the OPs car. It's a neighbor. Does the owner of the car consider the OP to be some sort of authority on what this car should sell for?

This thread is like many others-replies don't mean anything and the OP really doesn't have any control over the situation.

Is the OP going to get a "power of attorney" to sell the car on behalf of the owner?

So I take it you aren't interested in discussing the Mercury?

Yeah I don't know why everyone is saying it needs hoses, my grandmother's 2002 Chevy Trailblazer has only had 1 leaky hose and it was a power steering hose. All other hoses are original and are fine.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: CKN

So I take it you aren't interested in discussing the Mercury?

I think this thread has run it's course....yes.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yeah I don't know why everyone is saying it needs hoses, my grandmother's 2002 Chevy Trailblazer has only had 1 leaky hose and it was a power steering hose. All other hoses are original and are fine.

Yeah and that's in AZ right? Hoses should last longer in NJ, especially if it was garaged

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Yeah and that's in AZ right? Hoses should last longer in NJ, especially if it was garaged
Yup, AZ never garaged. It was a high pressure hose that if stretched out would probably be about 9-10 feet long.

Only 4400 miles on the clock. Does that mean it may still be on its factory fill of oil?

I believe it's value is on the higher end. That's the kind of car I'd like and be willing to pay for.

I simply don't need it right now.

Over in my neck of the woods, it would fetch $15,000 easy - especially if it's an LS. They have a huge, huge following and the price of used ones are out the roof ever since Ford killed them off.

At the end of the day, it's really what it's worth to you and what you're happy to pay. I'd take one of these over a new FWD offering any day of the week.
smile.gif

They (panther platforms) have a Love it or Hate it relationship on bitog. It's just another thread for the haters to come out and bash on it. But those same people would pay premium for a 10 year old accord or something like it.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Over in my neck of the woods, it would fetch $15,000 easy - especially if it's an LS. They have a huge, huge following and the price of used ones are out the roof ever since Ford killed them off.

At the end of the day, it's really what it's worth to you and what you're happy to pay. I'd take one of these over a new FWD offering any day of the week.
smile.gif

^^^^^DING DING DING!!!

OP, crazyoildude, there's your motivation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back