18 - 6.50-8 best place for low cost lawnmower tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy lawnmower tires very often and wanted to see where is the best place to get them. So far I have been somewhat surprised as to how expensive these are. Around $40 is the lowest I can find and it is a turf tamer style. I am thinking of somewhat more of an aggressive tread for better traction on my slight hills.

I needed one two years ago. In my short research it was cheapest to go to Wal-Mart. I took the wheel off and brought it in.

check out amazon and tires-easy.com

Price range $26 to about $33, depending on brand. Not sure how tires-easy handles shipping charges, since I have never purchased from them.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
I am thinking of somewhat more of an aggressive tread for better traction on my slight hills.

I have been to parts of IN a few times and I don't believe I ever saw a hill ....
grin.gif

I live on a pond and the house is up away from it so there is some incline and when damp I do spin. Especially given the rear wheel steering I have that turns the drive tires. Also when slightly damp I pull an weighted plug aerator a few times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back