O'Reilly Brake Best Brand????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have used these pads on a couple of customers cars. so far so good no comebacks. I prefer posi quiet or even monroe pads. Thermo quiets are Ok

O' Reilly Brake Pads are Standard Brake Economy, Brakebest, Brakebest Slect, and Wagner. They all carried Lifetime Warranty but the problem with all these brands is that they all suck *** and will quickly eat the rotor to **** and cause squealing and hard braking within a month after installation. I would strongly avoid these brands and buy OEM, Hawk, EBC, etc...

BrakeBest Select Ceramic Disc Brake Pads are proudly manufactured by Bosch, the world¹s largest brake systems supplier. These pads feature premium ceramic formulations optimized for quieter performance, low dusting, and longer pad life. The friction material is sculpted with noise reducing slots and chamfers per original equipment design.
Additionally, all sets feature:

Abutment clip hardware kits are included (if needed)

VST (Vulcanized Silent Technology) Shims feature an OE, state-of-the-art multi-layer design

Noise reducing slots and chamfers per OE design

100% integrally molded disc pads of best attachment for durability

Powder coated backing plates for added corrosion protection

The ideal replacement for OE or as an upgrade from conventional disc brake pads

I'm sure that O'Reilly has somebody good or acceptable manufacture their brakes, but online is so much cheaper. I don't like having to wait an extra week, but the prices and quality of Centric parts are tough to beat.

I just ordered 4 new rotors and ceramic brake pads for my sister's 2008 Civic. $170 shipped to my door!

My boss has been buying them. I'm always leery of the parts my boss buys these days because he is really getting cheap on everything. However, I have had no problems with them. They bed in easily and I have had zero noise complaints. I think if you do the job right and machine the rotors properly and apply copper anti-seize to the back of the pads you will have no noise and wear problems

As far as auto parts store brakes I can say I've had great results using AutoZone Duralast Gold brakes. Probably installed near 100 sets and nobody has complained yet and I actually have them on 2 of my vehicles. Good price too. I tend to not care much for O'Rielly's but that is just my opinion and preference.

I never pursued using the O'Reilly brand. Like GMBoy, I have had good service with AutoZone's better line. I think they are the only brand left that still has the free lifetime replacement, even for wear.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
I never pursued using the O'Reilly brand. Like GMBoy, I have had good service with AutoZone's better line. I think they are the only brand left that still has the free lifetime replacement, even for wear.

They do - just bring 'em in and they will give you a new set. No matter if you have 10k miles or 100k miles you get new brakes.

I'm a year in my Brakebest Brand ceramics from O'Reilly and no problems. I've had none of the issues one previous poster mentioned above such as squeeling, pulling, or vibration. Yes, it's made by Bosch so it's from a well-known brand. I think it's fine for my low output VW Jetta. I drive through some hilly areas and I haven't experienced any fading yet.

Last edited:
I was looking at a set for the dual piston rear brake caliper on my Silverado and while they are made in China, it has everything I was looking for. The NAPA pads I have now does not have dimples on the pad backing plate causing the shim to slide off the pad backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back