Tomorrow my life changes forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best DADDY!

and about football, don't worry some girls are not pink only.

Best of welcome to baby and quick recovery to Mom.

P.S. an european misconception (maybe) is that mommies can produce a little more milk if consuming beer. something about yeast in beer...

P.S. to P.S.
when your little girl is going to turn your way when she hears your voice for the first time you may be for a shocker. there is such a thing as paternal instinct.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
P.S. to P.S.
when your little girl is going to turn your way when she hears your voice for the first time you may be for a shocker. there is such a thing as paternal instinct.

Yes there is. The first few nights we both shared sleeping with little one sleeping on our chests. They came to recognize, respond to my voice, smell and touch quite quick and only helps you bond to them. Needless to say I have always been very close to my kids from day one.

Congrats man! Such a great event!

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Congratulations on the birth of your eventual replacement.
wink.gif

both my parents have died I really miss them but they live with in me as through out my day the things I learned from my parents. They knew what I needed. I had great parents and both achieved much. I hope I do as well. Being a parent is the most important duty in life.

Congrats to you and your wife. You are about to embark on the most fulfilling journey life has to offer and I truly believe is the meaning of life.
Enjoy every moment. My girls 7th birthday was yesterday. She is the light of my life and every moment I'm blessed with her is a gift from the creator.

Enjoy those moments as they grow up. They become teenagers before you know it.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: BRZED
Congratulations on the birth of your eventual replacement.
wink.gif

both my parents have died I really miss them but they live with in me as through out my day the things I learned from my parents. They knew what I needed. I had great parents and both achieved much. I hope I do as well. Being a parent is the most important duty in life.

I hope neither you nor the OP interpret my comment as being cynical. It really wasn't meant that way.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
I see you are in the Midwest. Huge tip, with cold and flu season coming... Buy a suction bulb from the hospital, the walmart ones are soft junk. I found myself in the local ER at midnight buying one for $6 and finally getting my 3werk old baby (2002) some relief from snot. Seriously.

Also, plead with anybody who has been sick but still wants to kiss and hold and hack near baby.... To wait until healthy.

And sell the motorcycle
wink.gif

When ours was born, our pediatrician brought a gift - a Nose Frieda... Its literally a big filtered syringe that you suck the snot out of the baby's nose. Works far better than any suction bulb.

No you dont get snot in your mouth... There's a filter and a huge syringe type thing to prevent that. Nothing works better.

Little ones are the best. No worries dja. You'll do well. I've got 4 children ranging from 4 to 13. Good times indeed.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
I see you are in the Midwest. Huge tip, with cold and flu season coming... Buy a suction bulb from the hospital, the walmart ones are soft junk. I found myself in the local ER at midnight buying one for $6 and finally getting my 3werk old baby (2002) some relief from snot. Seriously.

Also, plead with anybody who has been sick but still wants to kiss and hold and hack near baby.... To wait until healthy.

And sell the motorcycle
wink.gif

When ours was born, our pediatrician brought a gift - a Nose Frieda... Its literally a big filtered syringe that you suck the snot out of the baby's nose. Works far better than any suction bulb.

No you dont get snot in your mouth... There's a filter and a huge syringe type thing to prevent that. Nothing works better.

JH and OP, they are variants in Europe that connects to an actual vacuum. (also is small enough/limited output/troughput that you don't do a Monster Inc. scene...)
Kids may get scared by the sound of big noisy vacuum, but when pressure from "stuff" is relived they may change their minds...

Oh, and OP, when you get home/get some sleep, pictures of babies room?

You have no idea, dude. Our baby was a scheduled C so there was no mystery. I well remember going to the grocery store getting a blister pack with two bottles and a package of diapers. I was rather proud of myself for remembering to get the inserts for the bottles.

I remember thinking that I was set.

Nurse at the hospital turned to me and said very directly,"tell her you love her every day" I'm not the type, but for some reason I took that to heart. Best advice I ever got in my life.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
Nurse at the hospital turned to me and said very directly,"tell her you love her every day" I'm not the type, but for some reason I took that to heart. Best advice I ever got in my life.

I think in medical profession this may be a remedy for post-natal depression. also mom and dad may need some re-bonding since baby just changed the priorities in the family.

Another for the long ride: i got a compliment from a hospital nurse on my second kid: i was the one bathing her and changing the diaper. nurse replied, she had 3 kids and her man didn't change a diaper....
so OP, master that skill...

Mama is resting at the hospital. She made it to 5 cm's dilated then asked for an epidural. Her water broke so now it's only a matter of time.

Checked in last night @ 8pm.

Congrats. Make sure and take the Harley for a decent spin before wife and baby come home, because "you" time is about to be severely compromised!
smile.gif

Indeed. My life has become :

"Honey, I just need to do some work on the car"
"Sure, how long will it take"
"About 3 hours"
"No worries"
.... 45 minutes later
"Are you nearly done, this kid is doing my head in"

It's never worth saying no. The correct answer is "It'll take me 15 minutes to clean up and wash up and I'll be in there".

.....And now there's another one on the way
33.gif

Oh well, another 10 years or so and they can help me change the oil.

Congratulations on your new arrival. Hope both mother and baby are all happy and healthy. The greatly diminished "me" time is actually worth it.

I'm hearin' ya Brad! Now imagine things at my house - we have four kids, aged 2, 5, 6 and 8. Can't remember the last time I had a sleep in! A stolen hour here and there on the bike is all that keeps me sane sometimes
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back