Sweet potatoes& yams: love or hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one will say that I love both sweet potatoes and yams. Either in a smoothie or baked with little pure Amish made maple syrup. Any of you folks love or hate these?

Hate them.
37.gif

Love sweet potatos...baked in their skins....and.smothered in Smart Balance spread. With a little cinnamon sprinkled on.

Beats regular potatos any day of the week...and much more nourishing. YUM,

Love them.... but when something calls for savory, a regular Idaho potato will do nicely, thank you.

LOVE both of them, and I get sweet potato fries whenever I can.
I have had sweet potato ice cream or gelato in the past and really enjoyed it...just tried a butternut squash version last time I was in NYC and it was also excellent.

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, isn't it true that there's more nutrients in the skin?

I think more nutrients as well as toxins...I always eat the skin with any baked potato, too bland without it.

Ah love them. So tasty. Love getting the baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon sugar with a steak dinner when we go out.

I'm not really a potato kinda guy. I will occasionally have either in moderation. Probably regular more than sweet. I eat the skin of any potato I'm consuming.

Sweet potatoes and yams are great... to feed the pigs to make great tasting bacon.

Actually I can tolerate and maybe kinda like sweet potato casserole covered with brown sugar and cinnamon around Thanksgiving. But whoever thought sweet potato french fries would be a good idea should have his head examined.

They could disappear off the face of the planet and I would not lose any sleep. I am so sick and tired of certain restaurants trying to "upgrade" my french fries to sweet potato fries.

Neither love nor hate. Like them OK. Had baked sp's with pan fried ribeye on Sunday.

When I go to China for work, I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. They're one of the few things I know is safe to eat. People bake them and sell them on the street corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back