Unreal Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car looks neat, but in my opinion, the rims are too big and the tires (sidewalls) are too short.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Looks nice but it is hobbled by the severe drop. Can't even turn the front tires.

But it looks cool...

Exactly. Too low to the ground to drive, especially on the roads I drive on.

Looks like a good candidate for air suspension, raise it to drive it, lower it to look at it. Can't help thinking it lost a lot of collector value with all the custom work, though.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks like a good candidate for air suspension, raise it to drive it, lower it to look at it. Can't help thinking it lost a lot of collector value with all the custom work, though.

Who cares abut the collector value?

+1 That USED to be a classic 67 fastback.

Last edited:
Who knows. It might be a Dynacorn repro body/'chassis'. If you're going to do that much work to an old car, it's probably cheaper and a LOT easier to just buy one of those.

Those big rims with the, "no sidewall look", have been done to death. Just like the whole blacked out look. It's 15 minutes are over. The whole thing looks stupid. All it needs is a 67,000 watt "sound system" to be completely overpriced and useless.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

Who cares abut the collector value?
The "one or two" folks who go to the Barret-Jackson auctions.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Those big rims with the, "no sidewall look", have been done to death. Just like the whole blacked out look. It's 15 minutes are over. The whole thing looks stupid. All it needs is a 67,000 watt "sound system" to be completely overpriced and useless.

Exactly.

This looks a lot better:

696971d1358755063-custom-mustang-fastback-profile-left.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Exactly.

This looks a lot better:

Now that's a nice car. That one above is an abortion.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Stupid looking wheels/ tires and "stance." I don't get that fad- the rest of it looks great though.

IMO why have a "hot" car if it can't be driven. That thing is only good in a straight line, and it better be a smooth street!

I need a car for the real world...

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Exactly.

This looks a lot better:

Now that's nice and it can be driven.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Now that's nice and it can be driven. [/quote]

Yes, and updated brakes are always a good sign. Many folks forget how bad brakes used to be in high performance cars!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Yes, and updated brakes are always a good sign. Many folks forget how bad brakes used to be in high performance cars!

Good point on the brakes. I remember my first Mustang with drum brakes on 4 wheels, and no power assist. Stopping it going forward was just OK. Stopping in reverse left a lot to the imagination. Power disk brakes was one of the best improvements going. Four wheel power disk brakes, now you're talking. It is amazing how many advancements we took for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back