Moog or Driveworks Tie Rods??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some pulsating in my front passenger side wheel..
I thought it was the brake caliper but I took the wheel off and the caliper was perfect.
However I had 1 tie rod changed about a year ago but It was my fault it went bad.

However I was to lazy and went to a shop and they did the Out Tie ROD and did a 4 Wheel Alignment .. However they used a Driveworks Out Tie ROD for the drivers side.

Well this times its the passengers side that is bad.

Well I went to work today and we had them in stock in drive works... However with my discount I figured I would get MOOG.

However as I said my family in Michigan owns a garage and I asked my family member who runs the garage and he said in the last few years they have been having problem with MOOG.

Just wondering what you guys think of DRIVE WORKS TIE RODS and PARTS???

Personally I was thinking.. Its a old car... and who knows how much longer I will have it or who knows what can happen.. I probably should of just gotten the Drive Works and saved the $..

I'm still going to have to go to a shop to have the 4 wheel alignment done. I guess there is no way around that.

So you work at Advance and get some sort of employee discount. Is it the 30% we can get off the street by shopping online?

Even with 30-40% off, Advance is neck and neck with rockauto and amazon. Though of course you can get your part today.

I use the driveworks stuff. Not exclusively, but it has its place. Nothing I own has terribly much life ahead of itself due to rust.

IDK how a tie rod can go bad in a year. Even if you grease it when new then ignore it.

Driveworks being the cheap house brand for Advance and I would go with Moog over Driveworks everytime.

If it's a car you're planning on keeping, go with the AAP Moog & the lifetime warranty. DW quality seems to be all over the place, some good, some not, & only a 1 year AAP warranty.

To me, Moog seems pretty stout compared to other brands. Even OEM. I have 4 on my Jeep now and they seem to be doing good. They have huge boots that can be packed full of grease too. They also have a lifetime warranty.

In regards to quality, Moog and DW were probably made in the same factory in lower Slombodia.

Parts stores discounts are nice. Mine was 10% above store cost.
smile.gif

There's 2 lines of Moog- Moog and Moog Problem Solver.

I put the Moog Problem Solver tie rods on my VW. Very happy with them. They were $17 each on Amazon.

Moog, but stay away from any Moog part that starts with the letter "R". These are the value-line parts that compete with the Chinese-made cheapies that are made for people who call around trying to get the absolute cheapest parts that they can find.
There is a mom-and-pop mechanic shop near me that gets Drivework parts. Most of the ones that I've seen delivered to this shop are Driveworks parts and they all seem to be Chinese-built.

Many moons ago I drove an S-10 with big old tires pushed way out past the fenders, with a drive that included 5+ miles of washboard dirt road (granted, I caused most of that). Moog problem solved was the only brand that would last more than a few months. Typically I would get 18-24 months out of Moog, 3-4 months out of anything else.

Get the driveworks, save the money and call it a day. U will probably no longer own the car when it needs to be replaced again

I've had nothing but grief with any aftermarket tie rod ends, save for the MOOG ones that were in reality reboxed 555 parts. I understand getting rid of it soon, but if there is a chance you might keep it longer than you anticipate go with either 555 or Honda parts (assuming it's for your Accord).

Driveworks is cheap Chinese stuff like Moogs value line Quick Steer. If the choice is between Moog and one of those then get Moog, otherwise look for one with no grease fitting.
LFL joints are far superior to the old greasables on street cars.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Get the driveworks, save the money and call it a day. U will probably no longer own the car when it needs to be replaced again

That opinion is part of what is wrong. Instead of fixing it thoroughly and correctly, you install just and consider it the next guys problem.

What about polluting the river? Do you dump it all and let the folks in the delta or downstream worry about it and call it a day?

Please rethink your reasoning....

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
There's 2 lines of Moog- Moog and Moog Problem Solver.

I put the Moog Problem Solver tie rods on my VW. Very happy with them. They were $17 each on Amazon.

+1 The Moog Problem Solvers are the upper line and obviously beefier than the "R" code parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back