blower control module

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i replace it today on my 2001 suburban. Bam all is well accept for the very highest fan setting which instead of being high shuts the fan off completely . What did i miss or is this another issue ?

Originally Posted By: 94 saturn sl1 2000 saturn sc2
all is well accept for the very highest fan setting which instead of being high shuts the fan off completely

This problem is most likely the fan-motor resistor. High-speed is also the thinnest coil on the resistor, and always fails first. Next speed down may fail soon, also.

There's no resistor in these. The module is electronic and uses pulse width modulation drive from the control panel to vary the motor speed. Some models do indeed have a high speed relay which bypasses the module with a direct connection for the highest speed.

Originally Posted By: mk378
There's no resistor in these. The module is electronic and uses pulse width modulation drive from the control panel to vary the motor speed. Some models do indeed have a high speed relay which bypasses the module with a direct connection for the highest speed.

You have "Auto A/C", The Blower Module Connector is bad about burning up.

Originally Posted By: mk378
Sounds like a German "better idea".
My son's 633 has TWO blowers and power transistor circuits controlled from a pot on the dash. The board is under the hood, out in the weather. I had to change the transistor. Some things Toyota does smarter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back