Spiders In My Mazda

Status
Not open for further replies.
May or may not be unrelated. I found that a spider web/sac in my daughter's Corolla made it impossible to fill up the car because the pump kept shutting off. They must have been attracted to the Hydrocarbons present in the vapor recovery system, as they found a home there.

One of the oddest car problems I've addressed.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/06/autos/mazda-spiders-recall/

Yup, and the spiders were pretty picky since they only wanted to live in the 4cyl models. Our head Mazda tech at the time had a whole conspiracy theory about this recall. He called Mazda and said that per his checking the gas tank could not collapse from the line being clogged because the relief pressure on the cap would not allow it. The tech line said he needed to stop looking into it and do as told for the recall.

I kept finding spiders on my Buick Park Avenue, pale things that showed up well against the dark gray paint. Normally I have no trouble at all with spiders; my mom always told me to leave 'em alone in the house, as they killed and ate worse creatures. Then one day, about a year after I bought the PA, I was sitting at a light . . . and a pale spider with long legs swung down in front of my face! I dispatched him fast and hurled the remains out of the window. But a spider IN your car, especially when you're driving --!

The spider appearances might have had something to do with the place I parked the PA then, under some trees. The Regal is parked elsewhere now, and I see only the occasional eight-legger on the exterior, usually after I wash the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back