Motorcraft 5w20 semi-synthetic 7916KM OCI 16355KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is a 2014 Ford Focus with a 2.0L Duratec. This is the third oil change the car has had.

dJjBOog.png

Last edited:
I also have a 2014 Focus but I haven't had a UOA done yet because they don't tell us much so early in an engines life (break-in wear skews results).

That is a totally different signature than what I have seen for MC with sodium and titanium. Is a shop doing your changes?

Quote:
That is a totally different signature than what I have seen for MC with sodium and titanium. Is a shop doing your changes?

Yes, the shop does the changes. Can you elaborate?

It's not Motorcraft. Motorcraft uses a high boron add pack (which depletes in analysis over miles) a splash of moly (about 30-40 ppm) and no sodium or titanium at all.

Actually the analysis you posted is a dead on ringer for Mobil Super, which is a fine entry level oil in it's own right. But it is not a syn blend and should be charged at an entry level oil change price, I presume they are using it in bulk.

It is doing a fine job for you though.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
It's not Motorcraft. Motorcraft uses a high boron add pack (which depletes in analysis over miles) a splash of moly (about 30-40 ppm) and no sodium or titanium at all.

Actually that's not true. The MC 5W-20 Synblend tested by PQIA in November 2013 only showed 15 ppm of Moly. The SM version tested in 2011 did have 40 ppm of moly.

SN MC 5W-20 VOA here: http://www.pqiamerica.com/Nov2013/Motorcraft.htm

Is it possible that they've changed their formulation and now MC Synblend no longer contains moly?

Last edited:
If this is all true, then how can Ford say an 8000-12000KM OCI is possible on this oil when the bottle itself says guaranteed for 7500KM only?

Originally Posted By: Toadster
If this is all true, then how can Ford say an 8000-12000KM OCI is possible on this oil when the bottle itself says guaranteed for 7500KM only?

I think it's "good for XXX or what the manufacturer recommends"

Originally Posted By: Toadster

There is no "if". Canadian Motorcraft is blended by XOM. This should give everyone idea CP "synthetic blends" are equal to other majors entry level products.

Absolutely. Mobil puts mileage numbers on just about all their oils, including their conventional and blend offerings up here. Of course, that may or may not exceed what an OEM interval is, and if it meets the specifications, it's sufficient.

Quote:

Actually the analysis you posted is a dead on ringer for Mobil Super, which is a fine entry level oil in it's own right. But it is not a syn blend and should be charged at an entry level oil change price, I presume they are using it in bulk.

You were right. I asked the shop and it turns out they use bulk Esso branded oil. I also read somewhere that the esso branded oil in Canada is just rebranded Mobil Super 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back