Found this in the oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... of a yard vac with the 4.5 horse Tecumseh engine. Can anyone guess what it is? Previous fill was M1 10w30. .5 quart sump capacity and added about a pint in makeup.

293uirn.jpg

Not worried since it is just a cheap yard vac, but it does make one wonder what it is. The engine sees maybe 15-30 hrs at WOT.

I changed the oil in the 2 push mowers as well as this. They were refilled with some Castrol xxw40 Volkswagen diesel "pump nozzle engine" API SJ stuff I had laying around.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Looks like some water, or moisture in some form, got in there. I wouldn't worry about it, unless it makes a habit of it.

This is what I thought too, but it is always allowed to get hot when used. It is easily ran for a couple hours at a time. It is stored inside too.

Could the carb be letting fuel in the crankcase?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Fuel in oil doesn't look like water in oil .

This is good to know. We have a LB with the same engine and the fuel tank needs to be empty when the oil is changed. When it is tipped just right, fuel gets dumped in with the oil.
21.gif

You don't really see fuel in the oil but you smell it and the oil tends to get thinned out depending on how much fuel got in.

Looks like water to me, any chance it sucked in a bunch last time you used it. It can take a while to burn the water out of the oil when you run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back