Ranch Pro 15W-40 by Warren Oil Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where I can find the specs on Ranch Pro 15W40 motor oil packaged by warren oil co for Atwoods of Oklahoma. I have some good experiences with it, but due to the expensive engines it is going to be used in, I would like to know more about it.

Originally Posted By: CRBearden
Anyone know where I can find the specs on Ranch Pro 15W40 motor oil packaged by warren oil co for Atwoods of Oklahoma. I have some good experiences with it, but due to the expensive engines it is going to be used in, I would like to know more about it.

Look at the certifications. If it meets your particular one then it is equal to any other certified oil.

Porsche has made it clear that for their engines any oil that is certified is equal to any other certified oil. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case for every certified product out there.
Meets or exceeds is NOT a certification.

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10298&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D-1%26brandName%3Dranch%2520pro

It's one of the Warren Oil Company products;
see page 15 in this EOLCS above.
Made for Atwoods which is a farm supply chain I gather. Not unlike TSC or Rural King, etc.

I don't know what "specs" you're seeking. VOA data? I've not seen one done on this product yet. But it's going to be similar to about any other HDEO in the PQIA list, as previously mentioned. You can always send out for a VOA yourself! Why not do so and add to the info base here?

Ranch Pro products are API licensed; this product is CJ-4 certified. If you're happy with the performance, I see nothing to be concerned about. It will do as well as any other brand for a typical OCI. I see it's $15/2 gallons; not bad at all!

Last edited:
Our local Rural King farm stores have essentially the same thing; HDEO in two gallon containers; $15/2-gallons is the regular price and every once in a while they will have a sale. Most of the farm supply chains have API CJ-4 for good pricing, but RK seems to be a price leader in my area.

These are some of the best kept HDEO secrets, at least hidden from the mainstream viewpoint if you don't live in a rural area. Why pay $12-15 for a big brand name when you can get a store brand for about 1/2 that price? For example, right now at my local RK, I can buy Delvac1300 at $13, Rotella at $14 and VPB at $15. If I were brand loyal and only wanted VPB, am I getting 2x better oil over the RK HDEO? It literally is 2x more expensive to buy the brand name product over the house brand. So what do I get for that money? Do it get 2x better wear protection? No! UOAs show that's not true. Do it get 2x longer OCI duration? Probably not, although most folks would never extend out an OCI past a preconceived limit anyway. So where does your extra money go? MARKETING EXPENSES!

The Ranch Pro that the OP inquired about would be fine oil for any sane OCI. At $7.50/gallon, it would be darn hard to find a "better" oil ...

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Our local Rural King farm stores have essentially the same thing; HDEO in two gallon containers; $15/2-gallons is the regular price and every once in a while they will have a sale. Most of the farm supply chains have API CJ-4 for good pricing, but RK seems to be a price leader in my area.

These are some of the best kept HDEO secrets, at least hidden from the mainstream viewpoint if you don't live in a rural area. Why pay $12-15 for a big brand name when you can get a store brand for about 1/2 that price? For example, right now at my local RK, I can buy Delvac1300 at $13, Rotella at $14 and VPB at $15. If I were brand loyal and only wanted VPB, am I getting 2x better oil over the RK HDEO? It literally is 2x more expensive to buy the brand name product over the house brand. So what do I get for that money? Do it get 2x better wear protection? No! UOAs show that's not true. Do it get 2x longer OCI duration? Probably not, although most folks would never extend out an OCI past a preconceived limit anyway. So where does your extra money go? MARKETING EXPENSES!

The Ranch Pro that the OP inquired about would be fine oil for any sane OCI. At $7.50/gallon, it would be darn hard to find a "better" oil ...

X2 - Excellent post!

Originally Posted By: Diesel_Dude
Originally Posted By: dnewton3

X2 - Excellent post!

x3.

Last year around Thanksgiving, RK had the house brand on sale for around $1.3x a quart. I guess they imagined everyone would be out finding a TV at a better deal? Anyways, something for you guys to look out for and perhaps to have WM price match. I am sure the price would apply for the 15w40 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back