Great Cleaner Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the LM MoS2 I used creates more ping after few k miles driving when it is mixed with old PU compared to mixed with M1 oil.

My personal combo to best address the ping is half bottle Redline SI-1 with 40 l gas and 6oz Kreen in oil, this seems always cures ping and noise in the engine. Wondering if there is any other combo people tried that help to reduce the rate of oil consumption without changing valve guide or replacing worn ring?

I've always been curious,what exactly causes ping? It is due to too low an octane in the gasoline?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've always been curious,what exactly causes ping? It is due to too low an octane in the gasoline?

Well only in a secondary way in that if the engine is designed for a higher octane rating (such as a high compression engine) then the use of a fuel that has a lower rating may result in pre-ignition.

But when you are experiencing it in an engine while using the specified gasoline then it is something else, such as deposits that create nucleation sites for ignition. Or a whole bunch of other things that are less likely such as overheating.

The OP's claim that oil causes it is a new one to me however...

An oil additive causing pre-ignition?

But: My personal combo to best address the ping is half bottle Redline SI-1 with 40 l gas and 6oz Kreen in oil,

If it works for you stick with it but how do you come up with the best combo?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
An oil additive causing pre-ignition?

Maybe the non-soluble moly is getting past the upper rings, into the cumbustion chamber, and igniting, causing burning hot spots which stick to the chamber walls/piston tops??
confused2.gif
21.gif

In this case, the ping is caused by deposit from valve guide leak and short tripping. The idea of using MoS2 is to provide better protection on high mileage engine and help to slow down the consumption. Somewhat it helps a bit, but the need to run the cleaner combo before 5K OCI is something I would like to avoid.

Therefore I am wondering if there is additive combo can be used since getting PYB is not that easy in my area. Probably I will try Rislone with RingSeal if that help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back