Had CV axle replaced... now a vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally replaced the driver's side CV axle on the Sedona. I decided against doing it myself, since I have no garage and it is a big project. A local reputable shop in town took care of it in less than one day, impressive IMO. The clunking issues that I had previously reported are gone, but now the vehicle vibrates or shakes when accelerating. When coasting, everything is smooth. From what I've been reading, this is tell-tale for a bad brand new axle, or it's just way out of balance. I'm sure they used something cheap and Chinese, and it does have a 3 year parts/labor warranty. I'm going to take it back in and insist they replace it with another. But it seems that many aftermarket axles have balance and/or vibration issues; that's just the way it is. Am I just going to have to deal with it to an extent?

That's not the worst thing that can happen. They could've torn the axle shaft seal on the transmission when pulling the old CV axle out, and they just might do that on the second axle install. You'll have a car that vibration free but dripping transmission fluid all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back