Can I mix pink with green ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hi. I have a '12 Camry Hybrid XLE.

I had bought the Mazda F22 Coolant for my Mazda 6 and its green. Plenty green coolant left, all is well but the Camry coolant is low too but its pink.

So do you think I can put the green coolant in to the Toyota and mix with the pink ?

I'm hesitant to do it.

Please advise. Thx.

Mazda's...

21743637091_779fea8885_z.jpg

21743811581_f602dae932_z.jpg

Toyota's...

21722754992_700c570086_z.jpg

FL-22 is a 10 year 120k mile coolant.
Pink is a 10/100k coolant.
Honda/Nissan/Subaru have a blue version that has an equivalent life.

Similar, if not the same, CCI/Intac/Dow blended fluids with the HOAT package without silicate, borate, amine, or nitrite. Silly manufacturer selective color choice. Do colored M&M's taste differently?

See here for colors and specs for laughs:
http://www.recochem.com/us/products/oem_...tifreezecoolant

Only issue is color and with Toyota's failing water pump issue, which a clueless dealer could void warranty for not using pink colored coolant. If under warranty, use Pink or a pink equivalent to avoid dealer caused heartburn.

I have used red in a Mazda and blue in a Toyota. If you were local, I'd take that FL-22 green for my Hyundai.

Yes, you can do this. But are you sure you need to?

From the look of the 2nd pic, the coolant looks like it is at the "Full cold" line (lower right corner). There are two marks, one for full cold and one for hot. A '12 Camry should really not leak fluid unless there's a problem somewhere?

The green Mazda is just their proprietary color for the same chemistry as the Toyota Pink. it is not at all like traditional "green" which other people must be thinking of when they say "No."

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Yes, you can do this. But are you sure you need to?

From the look of the 2nd pic, the coolant looks like it is at the "Full cold" line (lower right corner). There are two marks, one for full cold and one for hot. A '12 Camry should really not leak fluid unless there's a problem somewhere?

The green Mazda is just their proprietary color for the same chemistry as the Toyota Pink. it is not at all like traditional "green" which other people must be thinking of when they say "No."

Thanks everyone. I thought I should add since its just above the low line. I guess I will stick with Toyota pink then. I will look again tomorrow to make sure its at low and that my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

It doesn't look that low really. Add a tad bit of water to it if it seems low.

As long as you don't get in the habit of only adding water you will be fine. I sometimes top up with water. However if you do be sure you test the coolant before winter to insure it isn't too diluted.

I added about 1/2qt of water to my moms Traverse last time I serviced it. When I checked the freeze point of the fluid yesterday it was still at -40F

You "can" mix anything. Never mix coolants with complementary colors. You may mix yellow, orange, pink and red. You may mix green and blue.

Don't mix it... But on another note why is it low do you see a leak? I would be curious after refilling it if it stays up on the mark or it is disappearing it could be a problem.

Toyota's don't have a hot level check.
Both the lower (low/add) line and the upper(full) line are for COLD coolant level checking.

If you are above the lower line when cold(engine not running for 8 hours), there is nothing to worry about. And, since coolant evaporates, its okay to add some distilled water for peace of mind. If you keep losing coolant, have the water pump/hoses/radiator... checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back