accident today, dropping things into crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Sounds to me like the OP is a candidate for a Nissan Leaf ...

He's no doubt a professional troll..

so now my camry won't start
I thought it was the battery, replaced that
now, I got an aap toughone starter and put it in (thanks to youtube tutorial videos) and the car still won't start. my old starter was bad because after changing the battery, I'd hit it with a mallet and the car would start, but then , hitting didn't work anymore, so I got a new starter, could it be I didn't put it in correctly, or aap gave me the wrong stasrter?
how's autozone starters or oreilly starters, or the aap carquest starter? I'm disappointed they gave me the wrong starter or a bad starter that won't start the car!

Man I give you some mad props for continuing where you left off. This thread has it all - foreign objects dropped in the crankcase, grilling tips, traffic citations and no starts!

Last time I checked, which was admittedly a number of years ago, all three of those stores ger their remans from the same builder with the only difference being the name on the box.

AAP sells two grades. The cheaper of the two with a 1 year warranty is complete garbage. The second more expensive with a lifetime warranty is generally very good.

When I worked there I would only sell the cheap one if the customer simply couldn't afford the better one, and then only of I put it on the bench to make sure it worked going out the door. The cheap ones were about 50% failure right out of the box.

Would the Power Bait work as advertised if added to the engine oil and add "power"? I'm thinking he should add another dose of Power Bait while adding a Vornado as well. I'm guessing the Power Bait mated with a Vornado would be good for at the very least 100 additional hp?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Would the Power Bait work as advertised if added to the engine oil and add "power"? I'm thinking he should add another dose of Power Bait while adding a Vornado as well. I'm guessing the Power Bait mated with a Vornado would be good for at the very least 100 additional hp?

I should give that a try in my Camry as well! I don't think it even has 100hp to start with!

i would not use any powerbait. that was an accident
nothing happened, i guess i got lucky
but the taurus began leaking oil on the driveway the other day
is this an oil leak or gas leak or what could it be? is it safe for me to start my car and nmove the car so i can see what color the oil is and determine what's leaking? thanks

Originally Posted By: engineer20
i would not use any powerbait. that was an accident
nothing happened, i guess i got lucky
but the taurus began leaking oil on the driveway the other day
is this an oil leak or gas leak or what could it be? is it safe for me to start my car and nmove the car so i can see what color the oil is and determine what's leaking? thanks

It might be the front differential. Doesnt the Taurus have locking diffs?

I can always tell by smell. Motor oil will be amber in color and smell kind've like gasoline. ATF will re reddish in color and have a rubbery smell. Motor oil will also feel tackier between your fingers.

Originally Posted by robo339
This post sounds fishy and has me floundering around with my reply but I would get a mechanic on the line and see what he can do to get you off the hook

Now that's just funny as heck lol

This epic thread has been brought back to life! I actually thought about it the other week, searched it, found it, and read the entire thing.

I regret nothing
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back