Amsoil XL 5W-20 - 10,604 miles - 04 F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great UOA on my 2004 F-150. The numbers speak for themselves.

Mileage was about 80% highway, 20% in town with no short trips (we live in a rural area so even "city driving" requires a highway trip to get there). The filter used in this interval was a Wix 51516.

For anyone interested in the history, the first UOA on this report from 6-15-14 was PU (the old pre-GTL) 5w-20. The other two are Amsoil XL. Very similar add packs.

Current fill is the same Amsoil XL 5w-20 with a Fram XG3600.

04_F150_091215_Page_1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
We need the wix filter cut open, thx

Pics of the Wix are on the way, as soon as I get a new filter cutter. My Harbor Freight cutter fell apart, so I'm looking for something better that won't cost a lot.

Very nice!! XL has been doing great for you!

My dad does 10k intervals on OE at about 80% highway as well. His engine looks spotless through the fill hole.

I need to do a UOA on his 2010 4.6L. He just passed 160k on his.

Last edited:
Good results. Your driving situation is very easy on oil, so I would use a cheaper oil and pocket the change. Super Tech synthetic perhaps?
Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Good results. Your driving situation is very easy on oil, so I would use a cheaper oil and pocket the change. Super Tech synthetic perhaps?
Just my opinion.

He ran XL for over 10k miles he is certainly getting his money's worth. OE is $4.70 a QT and XL is 5.80? PC price. 6qts and a filter is only ~$35-40 and oil change.

Amsoil OE/XL have been returning some of the best UOA's on this forum from a PPM standpoint

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: R80RS
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
We need the wix filter cut open, thx

Pics of the Wix are on the way, as soon as I get a new filter cutter. My Harbor Freight cutter fell apart, so I'm looking for something better that won't cost a lot.

Bring it back to harbor freight they will give you a new one,no questions asked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back