Bob Lutz warns Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's a huge market waiting in the wings. People are longing for a self driving car so that they can stay online as much as possible. About 200 years from now, people will be online all the time because the chip will be hardwired into the brain. You won't need a mouse, trackpad or keyboard because you'll be controlling the computer with your thoughts. Instant access to information is what you'll have.

Dante's inferno will freeze over before I get into a self-driving car. Oh wait, I already do that when I take the elevator. NOOO!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Agree with most of your points. Only 1 thing I think you're a little pessimistic that is timing. If Apple invests 20-30 billions right now they can have a marketable EV within 3-4 years, a lower volume than Tesla Model 3 but possibly a higher volume than Model S or X.

The question is what Apple EV will cost compares with Tesla. Consumer Report rates Tesla Model 3 S the best ever, can Apple EV better and at what premium ? With similar features at few thousands more they will get some buyers, especially from died hard fans.
How can Consumer reports rate a Tesla Model 3 as best ever?

Sorry, miss-typed. Should be Model S.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Praise for Tesla should be reserved for when they actually succeed as an auto manufacturer. Right now, that's still up in the air.

Careful, their fans are rabid...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Praise for Tesla should be reserved for when they actually succeed as an auto manufacturer. Right now, that's still up in the air.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gregoron
Dante's inferno will freeze over before I get into a self-driving car. Oh wait, I already do that when I take the elevator. NOOO!

That's not a car, it's a train.

What are they now ? If they are not an auto company, with very low volume, then they are a ?

As far as I know they had been design/engineer/manufacture/sell some vehicles the last 5-6 years.

If you mean "auto" as a vehicle with ICE, then Tesla isn't an auto company because they don't produce any vehicle with ICE, only battery EV.

If you mean "auto manufacturer" as a company that make/sell millions vehicles a year, then not only Tesla isn't one of them, Porsche and Ferrari and Lamborghini and other small/niche companies aren't "auto manufacturer" either.

As far as I know Tesla is an "auto manufacturer" as of today Friday September 25, 2015, can they survive 10-20 years as an independent "auto manufacturer" ? Nobody knows.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Did your geeky non-car guy neighbor buy a Tesla and now keeps challenging you to race or something?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back