Shopping two stroke oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi smokers!

The other day I was out of two stroke oil so I visited a few shops that usually have the stuff in stock.. But no one had any except for one that only had "Statoil RacingWay" - the sucker wanted 23 dollars per liter, so I sad no thanks. A few years back it was just above half the price for the same product at the same shop.

I started searching the web just to see what alternatives where available.
I ended up buying 4L of M1 Racing 2t, 1L of Castrol Power1 Racing 2t, 1L of Castrol Power1 Scooter 2t and just for kicks 1L of Castrol A747. I also bought 1L MTF for my car - just because it was cheap and in stock.
The price level was (Left to right, DKK/liter):
99, 139, 79, 89, 79. In USD it's 14.8, 20.78, 11.81, 13.3, 11.81 - and the shipping was free by the way
thumbsup2.gif

OIL_DSC_0085.JPG

Mobil 1 Racing 2t !!! My absolute favorite 2 stroke oil. It's not available here in America anymore. Overall, that's been the best oil I've ever used.

$11 for a liter of MX2t. Not bad at all.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Just curious, What are you running to buy that much mix oil at one time?
grin2.gif

It's primarily for chain saws and weed eaters. My dad will get some of it as well.
I'm also considering buying a two stroke bike 250+cc. Yamaha RD 350 would be nice.

Well done! What shop? German webstores, or?
Usually goes to Mapodo, Levoil or Öldepot but where did you find these?

Originally Posted By: lars11
Well done! What shop? German webstores, or?
Usually goes to Mapodo, Levoil or Öldepot but where did you find these?

Actually it was a web shop in Denmark, oliebiksen.dk.
I just searched for high quality brands in Denmark via google, and then my eye caught M1 offer which I couldn't leave. But I had to buy some more to get the free shipping - I'm a slut when it comes to free shipping like when buying for some x-amount or more
blush.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: lars11
Not maximum spec though. Does it work well?

Originally Posted By: Mike72
I stopped looking when I found this one:

http://www.legendperformance.com/products-page-2/2stroke/zx-2sr/

I like results more than specs.What I found with this oil is that it almost completely burns up with no visible smoke and no hard carbon on top of the piston,exhaust ports, or muffler. It leaves a light dry chocolate color on the top of the piston and spark plug. The inside of the muffler has the same chocolate color at the hot end with a small amount of darker soft damp carbon at the cool end that wipes away. Very clean burning. I have used up 3.5 gallons in the last 5 years in my two stroke powered equipment,mowers and chainsaws and have had no oil related problems.I recently checked the exhaust ports on one engine and they were totally clear after approximately 150hrs. total running time. I mix at 50:1

Mobil2T was indeed my favorite for years also, but as previously stated is no longer available here in the states. So after much research for a quality oil at a reasonable price I ended up with the Lucas semi-synthetic 2 cycle oil. I run at 40:1 in all my 2 cycle equipment. Thus far I have no complaints, Piston has a nice coat of oil when removing the muffler for inspection. It does not smoke other than at start up, the smell is not bad and there does not seem to be be any excessive carbon build up. A number of guys over on Arboristsite seem to be pretty happy with it also. Think I paid around $85 for 4 gallons shipped to my home about 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
and motul 800 @32:1 smokes too much...

Hadn't noticed that being any worse than the other oils ,other than on a cold saw . But I'll pay more attention ,just to be sure .
Edit.... Would love to try Mobil 2t . It's just hard to find . Might try K2 ,as it seems to be well regarded over at A/S .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back