Woman:
Do you drink beer?

Man: Yes

Woman:
How many beers a day?

Man:
Usually about 3 draft Bock beers

Woman:
How much do you pay per Draft Bock beer?

Man: $5.00 which includes a tip

(This is where it gets scary!)

Woman:
And how long have you been drinking?

Man:
About 20 years, I suppose

Woman:
So a Bock beer costs $5 and you have 3 Bock beers a day which puts your
spending each month at $450. In one year, it would be approximately
$5400 correct?

Man:
Correct

Woman:
If in 1 year you spend $5400, not accounting for inflation, the past 20
years puts your spending at $108,000, correct?

Man:
Correct

Woman:
Do you know that if you didn't drink so much Bock beer, that money could
have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting
for compound interest for the past 20 years, you could have now bought a
Ferrari?

Man:
Do you drink beer?

Woman:
No

Man:
Where's your Ferrari?

I've put more than that amount into my 401k over the past decade that could have been spent on cigarettes or Starbucks... or lottery tickets, energy drinks, prepackaged foods, etc.

So, I suppose my Ferrari is a Subaru, older BMW motorcycle, and a lakeside retirement home sometime around 2035. :)

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad

Man: Where's your Ferrari?

Maybe she has lots of shoes and purses?

Funny joke, with an element of truth in it.

On a side note, a few weeks ago I stopped feeding the vending machines at work. I use to buy ~$3 worth of snacks and a soda during the day, now I pack that stuff with my lunch. I did this after I calculated it was costing about $300 per year. Since I've been working ~30 years, that's about $20K. Not exactly the Ferrari zone, but it could have been a new car...

Am I the only person who wouldn't want a Ferrari or other exotic even if it was a gift with all maintenance paid? They are really pretty .I have never been smitten I guess I'll take a Vette.Camaro or Mustang or a Hellcat what ever it comes in. Low cost and reliable. Does that make me racist?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Am I the only person who wouldn't want a Ferrari or other exotic even if it was a gift with all maintenance paid? They are really pretty .I have never been smitten I guess I'll take a Vette.Camaro or Mustang or a Hellcat what ever it comes in. Low cost and reliable. Does that make me racist?

The current supercars are a marvel of engineering, but if I was going to deplete my savings to by a car, it would be a classic. I can't think of a more attractive design:

x4rap.jpg

I've been following this guy for about 15 yrs. He started with a 30 yr old Ferrari that came in boxes from a basement in VA. I don't particularly even like the cars but the process of the restoration is interesting.
http://tomyang.net/blog/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back