Mustang transmission update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Shop called me today. He said 3nd,3rd,and 5th(overdrive?) is totally gone (if I paraphrased him correctly). He said the fluid that drained out was so totally burnt that it looked like tar.

This got me to thinking,Nick said in his post that maybe the dealership never even touched it. Could it be that I got bent over by the dealer and they never even flushed the fluid? Or,could a flushed tranny still be full of enough bad fluid to made the new fluid black?

The transmission had dealer service before this happened ?

If this is the case you should ask the shop to save the drain fluid and take it to service dealer to see what they say. If they don't cooperate with you(pay for the repair or at least pay part of it) I would contact Ford headquarter.

Yeah unfortunately I bet the fluid is drained and gone
frown.gif
. I don't blame the dealership for the tranny going out though,as it was howling before I took it to them. When I got it back though it was completely silent for two weeks,then the howling came back again. Maybe they did infact change it but the remaining burnt fluid fouled the new fluid once it got circulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back