Nico Rosberg 211
Sebastian Vettel 203
Constructors
Mercedes 463
Ferrari 310
Williams 198

For more, please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

15_Japan_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Talk about pucker factor; 130R entry speed is ~190mph, and exit speed is ~189! I always look forward to the Suzuka race during the F1 season.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Talk about pucker factor; 130R entry speed is ~190mph, and exit speed is ~189! I always look forward to the Suzuka race during the F1 season.

I think especially on full tanks, it won't be a WO corner. Hopefully MB will have another bad weekend, but I doubt it!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Normal order has been restored....

Except that Kvyat tried to convince everyone he was at an airshow. Barrel rolls are only allowed in the Red Bull Air Race Series.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
They will be handing out penalties for dangerous [censored] next!

[censored] is censored! LOL

Those of you without the British commentary feed might have missed a good one. When the Force India ventured off the track in a cloud of dust early on, the commentator shouted something to the effect of, "Oh! Maldonado! No, I think that's Force India!" It's pretty bad when every early incident results in Pastor's name being taken in vain.
wink.gif

Did you catch the Brit commentator's response to Alonzo saying on the radio words to the effect that their engine was OK for Formula 2 with the president of Honda on hand at the race? I thought they were going to faint.

I think we have different commentators, for that, and I didn't hear the comment that clearly. Now, I know what he said. The commentators on our feed seemed to indicate they didn't know what he was saying, either. I'm not sure if that was to save them or Alonso from embarrassment or if they really didn't hear.

I was watching the NBCSN broadcast on TV and Sky F1 during commercial breaks on my laptop. I seem to remember the Sky commentators losing their excrement over Alonso saying what he said.

I very well could have missed it, too, thanks to me getting up for some reason, or more likely TSN (our carrier) and their impeccable timing of commercial breaks. They'll show the first stint without interruption. The second someone moves towards the pit line, it's time for a commercial. If there's an incident and the stewards are investigating, when it's time to release the results of the investigation, it's time for a commercial.

I finally bit the bullet and put down for pay TV this year. Just got sick of being at the mercy of the broadcaster for ad breaks. Still get an annoying amount of ad's with pay, but none from lights out to the flag.

The Sky guys certainly had kittens over Alonsos second outburst, but as Eric Boullier said in the post race interview, it was just him expressing his frustration. Sure, out of place and inappropriate, but he's a passionate Spaniard. Button is just as frustrated, but he's far more diplomatic. Different strokes and all that.

I was spewing over Massa and Ricciardo at the start, but that's racing.

I'm impressed at how much Vettel has grown up from the arrogant little front bottom he was back in 2010, but then Hamilton has grown up too.

Rossi made a good showing. I hope he continues to improve and gets a seat next year. Nice to see an American who can turn right
wink.gif

We don't get a regular, legit streaming service here for F1. FIA affiliated motorsports are pretty good at protecting the TV contracts in Canada. Bernie does need to bring back BernieVision. That needs to be the final part of his legacy. I'd pay for a decent feed like that. TSN just has no concept of when to go to commercial break. They have a tiny picture in picture thing going on, but obviously, the audio is the commercial. Always when the first round of pitstops happen, they go to commercial. Of course, that's an important thing to be televised. Then, sometimes, inexplicably, they'll stay with a safety car in the wet as if it's breaking news of international import.

Now, I wish I had heard the outburst's fallout. I found the outburst on Youtube, and the start of the reaction, but no more than that.

To be honest other than the Sky commentators getting on a high horse there has been no real fall out. Storm in a teacup.

It will have certainly caused some ripples in Honda given the three highest Honda execs were at the race at a track they own. Hopefully it gives them a rocket and next year they can come up with a competitive motor. Having said that McLaren need to step it up and come up with a car to match.

I'm more watching the impending red bull [censored] now and whether they have any power units for next season.

Next year I expect Honda to be like Red Bull this year in terms of pace, challenging for occasional podiums on their own merit but still not up with Merc. and Ferrari. That is unless the FIA give Honda some additional development latitude, which is possible. In 2017 they will be at the front of the grid.

As for Red Bull, what a disaster. Who in their right mind allowed such criticism of Renault that would ultimately kill their partnership without any kind of replacement lined up? Now they're taking swipes at Merc. and Ferrari while they're trying to secure engines from the latter. Given the way they treat associates I'm not sure I'd want to supply them engines. And not for nothing, a final spec. 2015 Ferrari engine in a Red Bull chassis will do some serious damage to Merc. and Ferrari's works teams and allow them to be competitive so if that's what they're being offered, **** and take it.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Next year I expect Honda to be like Red Bull this year in terms of pace......

I'm a fan of Honda, and I'd love to know what you're basing this on?

Originally Posted By: gofast182
As for Red Bull, what a disaster. Who in their right mind allowed such criticism of Renault that would ultimately kill their partnership without any kind of replacement lined up? Now they're taking swipes at Merc. and Ferrari while they're trying to secure engines from the latter. Given the way they treat associates I'm not sure I'd want to supply them engines. And not for nothing, a final spec. 2015 Ferrari engine in a Red Bull chassis will do some serious damage to Merc. and Ferrari's works teams and allow them to be competitive so if that's what they're being offered, **** and take it.

Red Bull knows exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of power, and Bernie will make sure they get what they want.

I'm basing it on an analysis of what I read from sources like motorsport.com and a Honda employee who posts on a popular fan site. It's a guess but it's what I think. They still won't be where most people expected them to be but they'll at least do respectably next year.

Last edited:
What I dislike about racing today, F1 and nascar is all the PC talk. Did you hear what Stewart/ Alonso said...the truth is the truth and no amount of lip service will change that fact. If Honda doesn't like what he says...get him a power plant that will produce, same for that French outfit.
Never heard the old time racers being told to watch what they said and having some chick with a recorder standing over their shoulder.
MHO
Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back