pt cruiser stalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today my wife tells me when she was leaving this morning she backed up and when she stopped the car shut off stereo still playing but engine not running she said it didnt sputter or jerk it was like turning the key. It did this one time and hasnt since. It has no coses it in i can command iac with my scan tool and it is responding correctly. These issues are often a pain to deal deal with because they're so intermittent. The car run and drives fine. She did say when it happened she put it in park and it wouldn't crank or anything until she cycled the key off and the back to crank. Not sure if that's normal for this car or not. Any one have any suggestions or maybe had a similar issue with a car and know what it was.

Could be a CPS or fuel pump, among other things. You could test the fuel pressure to see if it's in spec. Beyond that, you'd just be guessing until the problem returns and you can troubleshoot it.

Didn't you get a divorce?

Start the car up, Whiggle around the wires at the PCM connector, If the car dies & you can repeat the symptom over again.
The PCM has Bad/Cold solder joints most likely, Common Chrysler/Motorola PCM issue.

I had a Chevy truck that did this, the fuel pump relay was bad, and so was the connection.

My son had a 2002 Neon that used to go through so many relays, he kept a spare in the glove box. Starter Relay, AC relay, fuel pump relay, Automatic shutdown relay and transmission relay - they are all the same part and fail regularly. That car was on a first name basis with the local tow truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back